Struggling with grief

Hello everyone
How do people cope with grief and the feeling of lost
I lost my mum last November 2022 and where it happened so fast my head still come to terms with it ever since I have a feeling of lost and struggling on a daily basis of her not being here she wasn’t just my mum and was my best friend that I went to for everything as I have nothing to do with my dad and she was my only support system and I was hers the amount of times I have gone to call her or just wanting to hear her voice and people say it’s gets easier with time but for me feels like it’s not getting any better :frowning:

4 Likes

Hello @Rays9,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi, sorry you are finding your grief so difficult to manage. Sadly there are no words to take away the pain of loss. Over time you will adjust to living alongside the grief. Losing a much loved parent is brutal as we’ve had them for all of our lives so it’s understandable that it’s going to be painful. My Mum died unexpectedly in January and five months on I’m still trying to adjust to her absence. All we can do is take one day at a time, try to find joy in something and keep going. Our Mums wouldn’t want their children to be suffering so we owe it to them to keep trying… Best wishes xx

1 Like