Struggling with loss of dad

My dad died at the scene also but I was lucky in the fact that he was taken to resus and his football friend had phoned me so I arrived at the hospital even before dad did. No matter our ages, it’s still so painful. We could be in out 80s but our daddies are our daddies and always will be. I’m glad we’ve found eachother to talk to though, I was on the edge thinking it was only me x

I’m glad we found each other too, this experience can feel incredibly lonely. I have felt very isolated recently. Almost ashamed of how I feel. I miss my daddy :heart:

Bless you both, that must be horrible way to find out your dad died. Especially when neither of you were expecting it. I too am fed up of people telling me how they feel. One girl said it was just like how she felt when she lost her uncle. I nearly flew off the handle! An uncle is completely different to your dad!!! Hope you are both okay today. Xx

My bugbear is when people say ‘I know how you feel, my grandparent was just like a parent to me.’ Unless your grandparents brought you up then that certainly isn’t the case!! Even my mum said it to me, which made me so angry. She still has both of her parents!

I don’t really speak about it to my mum she has enough on her plate with everything. It’s their wedding anniversary today I don’t know what to say to her. I don’t know what to say to most people.
At work I do talk about dad as if he’s still here xx