Struggling without you.

I don’t know if I can carry on without my partner Ben who lost his life to suicide at the age of 25. He was a loving, sweet guy who had a good life. It was a shock to me that he ended his life. I don’t know if I can carry on without you Ben.

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss.hopefully you will find peace and support to get through this time.praying for you

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Hey,

Sending you support and hugs.

You will get through this xxx

@Shaunie - I am so sorry about Ben - this is really, really hard for you. You have come to the right place for support, as so many of us have lost the love of our lives - to suicide, to long-term illnesses, to heart attacks and accidents. It is a place full of broken-hearts but enormous strength and resilience. For all of us on here, often it is a struggle to get up in the morning. Many of us feel we can’t go on, as the going on is so, so, hard and not what we planned. The lives we find ourselves in are not the lives we would have chosen. But. The thing is. We do carry on - our inner strength, even if we don’t feel we have any at all, takes us forward - into the next hour, the next afternoon, the next day, the next week. My friend, you are in a really difficult place right now and my heart goes out to you. I can say with the benefit of nearly a year’s experience - it can and it does get easier. So hold on, the road ahead is not an easy one but know that you are walking it with many friends on here who get how you feel and who are with you. Hold on xx

3 Likes

@Shaunie
So sorry for your loss in such tragic circumstances. Please be reassured we are here for you.

I echo every word @Vancouver says, we struggle getting up and struggle with carrying on in this life, but we are doing it, it won’t be easy, it feels like your never have good days, but you will, it just takes time. I wanted to hurry my grief up as I’ve found it excruciatingly painful, but its a process we go through and have to go through, one day at a time. I hope you have family and friends to support you. Most days I come on here and read the comments and I don’t feel so alone. We are here for each other.
Amy x

@Shaunie
You poor love. It is heartbreaking to lose the ones we love so much and not knowing why he did this must make it doubly difficult.

As always @Vancouver has give a wonderful response to your post and, along with many of us, will be here for you.
Sending love and strength. xxx