Struggling

Hello I lost my husband almost 4 weeks ago and the funeral is this coming Friday, he was 56 and had Lymphoma but he had treatment 4 years ago and it came back high grade, we didn’t have a clue, his last week in hospital was awful, all the ups and downs, waiting for biopsy results ( 2 bank holidays didn’t help) giving me false hope saying they were going to start Chemotherapy and 15 minutes later saying they wasn’t has he had deteriorated, myself and my 3 adult children were with him when he passed, I just can’t believe I am never going to see him again after 36 years of marriage, he was my best friend.

5 Likes

Hi Jane…my heart goes out to you…I lost my soulmate of 50 years in January from a CNS Lymphoma on her brain…two months from diagnosis to her passing …I am lost …having councelling…but this forum has been an amazing support…please use it…sending love your way :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

I am so sorry about your partner, thank you

1 Like

@Jane23 so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband to prostate cancer 8 and half weeks ago. He was 67 and we had been married nearly 35 years. I too am heartbroken. But this forum has helped a lot. Hopefully it helps you too. Sending hugs

1 Like

@Jane23 I lost my husband 9 weeks ago tomorrow to aggressive kidney cancer, his funeral was 3 weeks ago tomorrow, I also lost my mum on 13 January too but I didn’t have time to grieve for her because my husband was trying to battle his cancer. I’m so sad that you have had to go through this, you are not alone on this journey, we are all undergoing the same journey that we never wanted to be on. Sending you love and hugs for tomorrow. Keep in touch with this group, you are amongst friends who understand.

3 Likes

Good grief, this sounds so similar to my experience. My husband died in February from aggressive lymphoma. He’d survived it 20 years previously and we had no idea it had returned with such a vengeance. The hospital were so unhelpful/vague about what they were going to do and in the end decided he was too weak to have treatment so they just ignored him. Within days he was gone, all too quickly. It’s so hard both myself and out adult daughter were with him when he passed. After nearly 44 years being together he was gone and I’m really lost. He was only 63 and when you’ve been with someone a long time, basically most of your adult life, it’s really difficult to make sense of things.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply, I am so sorry to hear about your husband, it does sound the same, I am so angry at the hospital at the moment

2 Likes

I try not to be angry but am most of the time whenever I think about it as along with the lack of care all they could keep talking about, trying to appear as heroes, was that during the pandemic the filthy ward my husband was on was in fact the Covid ward, maybe that’s their excuse for him catching that as well!

1 Like