Struggling

Really struggling to cope. I have lost my mum , Dad and brother all within last 13 months. My brother was last to go in August and I seemed to “cope” okay at the time but last 2 weeks been awful feel like I ve been hit sideways.

Hi Ruth,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your mum, dad and brother - that is such an overwhelming amount of grief in a short space of time.

Grief doesn’t follow a set pattern or timeline, so it can be common to have times when it unexpectedly hits you much harder. The important thing is to try to go with those emotions and allow yourself to feel them rather than bottling things up. Some people find that writing things down on this site is a good outlet.

There are lots of people here who have lost loved ones and will understand some of what you are feeling. While you wait for more replies to your post, you may also find it helpful to read and reply to some posts by others. For example, here are some other users who have lost multiple family members:

If there’s anything I can help with, or you have any questions about this site, just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager