Struggling

My beautiful mum pastaway very suddenly and unexpected on 27th February. Mum had mixed dementia but she was Physically fit so her sudden death has shockex us all. Because it was a sudden death we have to wait for a post-mortem which means we can not yet lay mum to resr.

I was mum’s live carer for over 3 years then just before Christmas m went into a care home. I feel as though I let her down if I’d tried harder to look after mum she wouldn’t have had to gp in a home and she might still be here.
With Mothers day approaching I’m struggling not to break down when I see all the mother’s day cards in the shops. I have to be strong for my dad who is 83 abd and heartbroken But im really struggling :sleepy:

2 Likes

Hi @BABSZEE1
My heart goes out to you at this distressing time, sending hugs of support. I agree with you, mother’s Day when mom isn’t here to spend it with, & having to watch everyone else with their mom’s is heartbreaking, my mom passed away 3 years this April, as my mom’s birthday is in February, I’m getting into a cycle where I wish I could just go into a coma in November, & not wake up till after mother’s day is over so I don’t have to go through all the heartache over & over of reminders that she’s not here. My mom was 64 when she passed, yesterday I had the disturbing job of helping my boyfriend getting a card & presents for his mom, who is in her late 70’s, :pensive: I can’t help questioning why, I see people with parents in their 70s, 80s, & ask why did my mom die so young, :sob: sadly there’s no answer to that, just simply, fate decided it was her time.

1 Like