Struggling

Hi, I’m new to this community. I lost my husband in July following a battle with cancer. We have a 23 month old daughter. The pain and loneliness is undescribable. I haven’t gone a day without tears.

Hi Tra, you’re in the right place, everyone here is dealing with the same thing.
It’s devastating to lose the person we love, you are going to be experiencing an emotional roller coaster. I lost my soulmate, lover, confidant and only friend almost six months ago, she was only 61 and lost her battle to beat cancer in just six short weeks after getting sepsis.
I still have nights when I cry myself to sleep, not as many as I did, but the depression and loneliness creeps up on me.
I thought I was coping but recently realised I wasn’t and reached out for help.
If you’re struggling talk to your doctor. I’m finding support by attending church and church related activities.
The important thing is don’t try to deal with everything alone, family aren’t always helpful as they don’t fully understand what you’re dealing with. Only those of us living with it do.
Keep visiting this site and ask for help when you need it.
Prayers and best wishes, Carl.

Hi Ta50. I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. You are in the right place for people who understand. We all know and care.
It’s OK to have tears and emotions will come. Don’t bottle them up. Suppressed emotions will out in some way and are all part of the process of grief.
It may not comfort you much to know that grief is a natural process that comes when we lose someone close. But the pain is so personal isn’t it? No one seems to understand, and unless they have been there how can they.
You have your daughter to take care of as your husband would have wished.
You are so right about the pain being indescribable. Words can never adequately describe it.
Loneliness will follow. You can be surrounded by well wishers and still feel alone.
Can you try and take care of yourself? Your daughter needs you now more than ever. Have you anyone close you can talk to? Have you seen your GP? It’s a good idea to do so even if you don’t want medication. They may have bereavement services available in your area.
Please come back and tell us how you are. Blessings to you and your child.