Sudden death

Christine, My Husband had a heart attack also but it was while he was in Hospital awaiting an MRI scan so I was spared the horrific ordeal that you must have gone through. Very traumatic the fact it was sudden and unexpected. It was 8 weeks tomorrow I lost my Beloved Colin & Mum passed three weeks before him so a double whammy so to speak. How I am still sane I do not know but like you this community has helped me immensely, it is so cathartic just being able to unburden your feelings & fears for the future & in a way makes me count my blessings hearing what other people have had to endure. I hope you are finding a way through this awful time.
Sending positive thoughts
V xx

2 Likes

Yes it’s good to express how we are feeling to other people who are going through the same heartache.
Christine x

1 Like

Thanks for your reply you have been through a lot. I was on antidepressants and came off them a few months ago but I’ve decided that I need to go back on them . It will be 2 years on May and it still doesn’t feel real .
Take care of yourself
Christine x

2 years after the sudden and unexpected death of my.lifelong partner I feel worse than ever. Anyone who says " time is a great healer " hasn’t got a clue !
I don’t think this pointless, painful ,hideous nightmare will end until the day I die.
All people want you to do is " move on " " build a new life" " start a new relationship " good luck to those that can but many of us can’t. Our lives have been destroyed by our loss.
Sadme

1 Like

Well said!

I feel disappointed with some people’s attitudes they stop asking how I am. Time is not a great healer for everyone I feel I will never be the same person again. Our lives have changed forever and some people just don’t get it.
Christine x

1 Like

I have lost several members over my 68 years, most when i was in my late teens, 20’s , 30’s but, hand on heart nothing has affected me a bad as it has losing my Richard 11th April 2019 at the age of 74, he would have been 75 in two days time…as i have mentioned on here many times, i have not had one day with not crying…

Jackie…

1 Like

I have lost several members over my 68 years, most when in my 20’s, 30’s but, hand on heart nothing has affected me a bad as it has losing my Richard 11th April 2019 at the age of 74, he would have been 75 in two days time…as i have mentioned on here many times, i have not had one day with not crying…

Jackie…

My above post is referring only to family members…and Richard although not married is - was my family…

I feel the same I lost my dad 2 years before James which was bad enough but this heartache is torture I feel I have lost a big part of me and I will never be the same person again.
Christine x

Hi , Reading your post gave me strangely gave me some confirmation im not going totally mad. Losing my partner of 30yrs aged 44 in may 19 suddenly and unexpectedly has sent me into a blur , doctor’s version PDSD . Constant traumatic visions and re-living that awful night. Tried for almost 8 mth to muddle on working and normally being strong willed hid from feelings, today crashed into a full anxiety attack and feel back to square one. Feeling like I want to hideaway. Life is so hard, where do we all find the strength. Sending love and thoughts to all.

Hi I was seeing this bloke for 3 months we had so much in common, on the 6 th Dec I went to see him but he did not answer the phone in the end he was on the floor died on his own but I had to call the police he was really big white cold and I was in shock . 4 weeks before that I had to put my dog down after 17 years . I am founding it hard to come to term as it was not for long . I keep crying and I am angry x

Hi Tracey what a terrible time for you. Of course you are in shock I also lost my partner suddenly and it’s one of the worst things in life to go through. I can only advice to get lots of help and support because it has helped me.
Christine x

I agree, Jackie, I have never been as unhappy as this in my whole life.

Hi tidd what can I do for u

Mary…
… well i am thinking this is it…I have - had been gifted the best 20 years of my life and now it has ended…is this as good as it gets…I certainly do not want to face the next 10-20-30 years by myself…Strange really as i had always said to Richard after watching these tv documentary on the elderly in their 90’s’ 100’s still driving there cars on the road, where Richard always had that to me " smug " attitude that he could not see why he would not be one of them, when I had always told him i dont want to live into my 100’s, but you know what, I will probably live to the ages my Richard believed he would live to, when i dont want to, life surely is not fair nor does it pan out the way we want it…

Jackie…(( hug ))

Thank you, Jackie, I hope that you have a better day, tomorrow, (Friday). I am pretty certain that I picked up that you are a member of the MS Society, I have a friend who suffers from MS and she has obtained all kinds of things from this group. Have you considered making enquires? Just a thought.

Tracey1960 I also lost my partner suddenly about 2 and a half months ago. He was fit and well on the day he died apart from a cough and cold. Then he came to bed that night complaining of a headache, then screamed in pain for a few seconds and collapsed. The doctors in hospital said he had a massive bleed on the brain and they couldn’t save him. It was a massive shock to lose him. He was such a character, always acting daft. I am slowly getting better and am over the initial shock but miss him so much. I hope in time that I will be able to feel whole coz right now I feel like half of me is missing.

Hi Lozza,
I’m sorry to hear about your partner. Do you know why he had a bleed on the brain?
It’s just that my mum who was do young and funny and active for 74 died suddenly from a massive bleed on the brain in june.
I just dont know why. She had a post mortem but all it did was confirm that she had died of a intracranial haemorrhage.
I wont ever know why and it torments me every day.
Cheryl

Hi Lozza
So sorry to hear about your husband. I am 7 months out from my dad passing suddenly out of nowhere. The pain and adrenalin does subside after a bit. For me, it was 4-5 months, lost alot of weight, slept a ton. Grief is exhausting. My mom is still struggling quite a bit. She gets herself out everyday with friends and activities. She had to learn how to do a bunch of things around the house. I think it goes through cycles of utter shock, sadness, then disbelief as if they are still around, then back again. I feel like my dad is still doing his usual stuff and then it hits you again. You will get through it even though it probably feels impossible.
Ell

1 Like