Sudden death

I watched this at a very low point at the weekend and it helped make a little sense of some things for me. It may or may not be for everyone. I lost my husband Martin very suddenly in August so just over 4 ago. I say this as a guide as to where I’m at. It talks about grief following a sudden death and might be helpful to others in the same position. Hopefully the link works xx

5 Likes

Hello
I lost my husband oct 10th suddenly I have no words or energy to speak them if I did I can’t believe he is gone 32 years married he was 55 I’m 51 all 3 girls just left for out state school this summer it was going to be our time new beginnings a new chapter the empty nest I experienced in aug was so hard as we are a ver close family them to lose him just 2 months later I’m suffering but making it through each day I miss him so much .

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. It’s helped me to see how much I’m distracting myself from my grief, and that’s ok for now. Its where i need to be, but i do see i need to find healthy ways to express my grief safely when I’m ready.
Suppressing my emotions is exhausting, and every now and then, i discover pockets of grief i can’t avoid, and i have to empty them through crying and really allowing myself to feel the pain of losing Isobel so unexpectedly.
Sending hugs to all who are struggling. Take care of yourselves as best you can :heart:

4 Likes

One of the members posted that she had watched a video by Julia Samuels on Sudden Death. I looked for that member and can’t find it just now. I watched the video and found it very informative. I’d like to thank the member for sign posting that video.
Julia mentioned EMDR, a desensitisation technique, useful for PTSD. I will look into that. Thankyou again.

1 Like

Her username is stillhiswife that posted the video