Sudden loss of my partner

I lost my partner 4 weeks ago today. He was only 44. He made me a coffee on the Wednesday morning and when I went to say goodbye to him as I was going to work I found him dead on our living room floor. We cremated him last Thursday and now everyone is saying I have to go back to work and think about reality, I’m just so sad his life was cut so short without any warning. How do I ever come to terms with this and carry on without him?

Hi im very sorry for your loss.Your reality is you lost your love,my advice is take life at your own pace.Your nightmare is very new .People who say go back to work havent a clue what your going through.Youll struggle daily and at times youll have bad days and maybe sometime in future (no time limit on this ) you might have good days or hours .Im 59 my darling wife Denise passed 04032016 on her 41st birthday .I still have bad days and i sleep downstairs .Keep coming back here to chat to people who understand your nightmare .No one judges on here Colin

Hello. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. What Colin has said is absolutely right. Take it at your own pace. Grief is personal and unique to the individual. The sudden loss will have left you in total shock. My husband died from a massive heart attack with no prior warning, in June 2017. I still can’t believe he’s gone. I did go back to work after a month and it was the best thing for me but. Work is the one normal place in my life and it’s kept me sane. Do whatever feels right for you not what others say - they know nothing and have no understanding of our situation. However, everyone on this site will have and can offer comfort and support. Keep chatting. My heart goes out to you. Sending you a big hug. Xx

Hi I’m so sorry for your loss I lost my partner suddenly in May to a heart attack he was only 48 do want you think is right not what other people think is right everybody deals with grief differently this forum has been a good help .
Take care of yourself.
Christine x

You don’t have to go back to work, your reality is now different to other people’s, only you know when you should go back and your reality is probably a living hell.

I went back to work within 2 weeks of loosing my fiance (way too fast) but it suited me because I knew she was going to die and for me work was my normality during her illness.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is everyone is diffrent