Sudden loss

Oh my love. I wish I could hug you
Your husband would want you to be happy. You were more than just his wife, it’s just that was the most important thing to you. Now its gone, its all you can focus on.
My husband was my everything too but I am me too. I just have to find me. You are worth so much more x

1 Like

Very early days for you Misty so very sorry for you loss 10 months for me and to be honest I’m struggling 37 years of been together I am told it will ease I wish I could give you advice I keep busy with my granddaughter walk the dog. Lockdown certainly doesn’t help. I hope you have family friends to talk too talk about your husband I find it helps me even if I break down keep chatting on here sending love. X

Thank you. I have an amazing support network although my family are 40 miles away. They will ultimately be my bubble but im just holding back as i went on the ward to say my goodbyes
As you say lockdown doesnt help
I’m sorry for your loss. 37 years. Must be hard. Glad you have such lovely distractions

You need a bubble Mick passed away at home in March 2 days later we went into 1st lockdown didn’t see my family for over 3 months but had my son at home and my daughter and granddaughter stayed during lockdown
Not an easy road message or talk on here xx Hope you manage sleeping x

2 Likes

Thank you for your help with this journey. There are a lot of feelings being mentioned that I wholly relate to. We are all going to work through things differently, and there will not be a right or wrong way.
The end of last year is a blur to me. I made myself unwell by not eating, which had a health impact that will never be reversed. I am now eating better, and starting to enjoy cooking again, though having to freeze or reheat leftovers as not used to cooking for one person that doesn’t actually feel hungry. Eating sensibly has made me feel a bit stronger.
I have been through close bereavement before and know that unbelievably it gets easier to cope with as the years go by. It still really hurts and catches you unawares at times even very many years later.
People say the most insensitive things too. I am sure some think that our loved one can just be replaced like going to a supermarket and buying an alternative cheese. We don’t want replacements we want what we have lost and cannot have any more.
Good luck and best wishes to everyone else suffering at the moment. The present covid situation is not helping any of us.
I am so grateful for the time I had with my partner. I don’t want to be without him, but hope to live on for both of us, as I know he would want me to realise some of our hopes and dreams (I will have to modify some of them, but will try my best).

5 Likes

Yes my boiler was playing up the other day and my hubby always dealt with the heating system, I didn’t have a clue where to start. So Google gave me pointers and I sorted it. Felt quite good in a way afterwards, as I now feel I can deal with these issues alone. That was after many tears of frustration mind you.

3 Likes