Sudden loss

My Dad suddenly died 6 weeks ago after a freak accident. I’m so lost and full of questions that can’t be answered. I am struggling to cope with the lost, overwhelmed feelings. I am someone who looks after everyone else and feel better when I am doing that but am struggling to know how to help myself

2 Likes

Hello Ellie,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling after the sudden loss of your father. I’m so sorry to hear about it and how you are feeling - it sounds as though things are pretty tough for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the information pages on our website helpful - if you have a spare few minutes, please do take a look: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Susannah

2 Likes

Ellie
I empathise I lost my mjm suddenly 6 months ago and continue to ask why. The feeling of utter loss is so consuming. Please let people help take and ask for a hug you don’t need to be the strong one all the time.

Sending a huge hug xx :kissing_heart:

2 Likes