Sundays - how to cope ?

It’s only been just over a month since I lost my wonderful husband Martin and ofcourse every day is a trial right now .I
But I am finding Sundays are even more unbearable, that was the day as a couple when we were always always together and it’s the day that the rest of the world are doing family or couple things it feels and so I don’t want to intrude on friends.
We did t have children so I do t have a family to join in with.
I’m asking indesperation really - how do we deal with Sundays ?
Thank you for reading x

3 Likes

I am the same it’s 6 weeks since l lost my husband suddenly.
I found leaving the garden for Sunday or shopping. I don’t know if you are a animal lover but I am and I am going to get a Border Collie soon. So I can start going for walks again.
I agree going on your own isn’t the same and Sundays are hard this was our time as we both work in the week
Xx

1 Like

It’s early days and yes.Sundays are hard. I have children but they both live away so I do understand how difficult it is . I volunteer at a local musuem at the weekends and it does help pass the day as my mind is occupied ,I have company and by the time I get home and cook a meal the day is nearly over. Just take one step at a time and reach out to friends or a trip out to a garden centre for a cuppa might help. Being kind to yourself is just what you need right now Take care x

4 Likes