Sunday's

I find Sunday’s the most difficult day, got home from church. Cooking dinner for one is no fun. I can hear all neighbours in their gardens, couples, families, children playing. I’m here on my own.
My family do ask me to lunch but not every week as the way it should be. I just miss Doug so much more on a Sunday.
Later I need to cut the lawn, he would have been in the garden with me just talking.
Just trying to fill the void with music but even that is making me feel sad.

5 Likes

Hi Debbie, I fully understand and agree with you regarding Sundays. It took some time for me to change what had been our routine on Sundays but it helped. I stopped making a Sunday meal and all the bits and pieces which made up our Sunday, it helps but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s still Sunday. To be honest I have over time took away all the old routines which we had because they just made me feel worse.
Best bit, I don’t have to cook a joint and make a pudding plus there’s very little washing up. Hope you get the lawn cut but take care. S xx

2 Likes

Thank you Susie 123, you are probably right I put to much pressure on myself, so I will abandon the Sunday roast next week.
Sitting in the garden now with cup of tea, just finish cutting the lawn X

2 Likes

I know how you feel Debbie, but please don’t put so much pressure on yourself.

I know it’s different for me as I took early retirement at 60 just before Ian was diagnosed, so I don’t have that “Sunday feeling” and we stopped doing Sunday roasts when Ian was ill.
We miss them each & every day don’t we Debbie. Thinking of you with love
Janey xx

2 Likes

We do miss them Janey, never used to get that Sunday feeling until the evening thinking about work tomorrow.
I’ve just fed the birds which Doug liked to do, talk about ungrateful one has just flew over and got me.
Debbie X X

2 Likes

That was a sign from Doug to make you smile Debbie! Xx

2 Likes

Hello Debbie
Sundays aren’t a good day for me either made worse as Chris died on a Sunday. I know go and vounteer in the local musuem on a Sunday afternoon and that has helped break the day up. I try and treat myself to a special meal for one ,turn on the tv and lose myself for an hour in country file on of his favorite programes . It’s hard and I’m not sure whether it will get any better as the weeks and months go by xx Shirley

2 Likes

Hello Shirley, it could be the same reason with Doug, he went to bed on the Sunday evening and he started to deteriorate over night dying Monday morning.
Because I don’t drive I’m a bit stuck for going far and the buses are not good on a Sunday.
It might be easier when I retire and can reorganize my week.
Debbie X X

It’s hard going at times isn’t it .I don’t drive anymore but luckily I get a lift to the musuem on a Saturday &Sunday afternoon and the company is good. It breaks up the weekend having said that it’s still hard coming back to an empty house xcc

2 Likes

Another Sunday but this one was better than last weekend, went to my daughter’s church this week as she was joint leading. My own church had a united service in another town I couldn’t get too.
Didn’t cook roast dinner had a ready meal instead and spent the afternoon in the garden tackling a rambling rose that was making for my neighbours, weeding and cutting down the dead daffodils and tulips. Just the lawn to go.
Changing routines and keeping busy has kept the tears at bay, I was talking to Doug all the time I was out there, I know he was asking me to be careful on the stepladder.
I hope everyone else has had a more positive day too.
Sending love Debbie x

2 Likes

We scattered Chris’s ashes into the sea at noon , the wind dropped and the sun shone as his ashes drifted into the sea of the breakwater. His grandaughter read a verse and Annie’s song drifted on the breeze bring tears that needed to be shed . Lunch was good and sorting out his personal belongings can wait till another day. I don’t know how I feel swinging from being at peace to feeling sad
He’s at peace now will wash in and out of the harbour with the tides .

2 Likes

Well done you xx

1 Like

I remember it being very emotional when we scattered Doug’s in the sea, it wasn’t such a lovely day, weather wise, but we choose the day being his birthday.
They are both where they wanted to be free spirits to roam.
I love Annie’s song, and it is lovely to be together to say goodbye.
Not surprised you feel all over the place, but knowing Chris is at peace will help. X X

1 Like