Support

Good Morning Everyone,
This is my first post . I lost my wonderful beloved Husband in August 2017. It has taken me quite a while to pluck up the courage to join and send a message. I am trying to stay positive but I am really struggling and recently feel as if I am getting worse. I admire you all for being brave enough to open your hearts and talk about your loved ones and i hope that, in time I will be able to do the same.

1 Like

Hi Reen

I see no one has replied to your post yet - all busy on another thread. It is very hard to stay positive when your world has been turned upside down. I too lost my husband in 2017 (Oct) and like you we had been together for 40 years. I still take it one day at a time but it is hard to ‘keep up the act’ for family and friends. A piece of us is missing and can never be replaced. I do love talking about my husband (Geoff) We were a team for all those years. We were together 24/7 living and working in our business. I’m so grateful for the time we had together but like everyone else I didn’t want it to end. Like you I still get ‘down’ days, I expect we always will. The only thing you can do is be kind to yourself until it passes.

This site is a great comfort - there is always someone to listen and respond.

Sending you a hug

Yvonne x

Hello Reen, like you I had to pluck up courage, as I had never done anything like this. And also like you I am trying to stay positive but it seems as if the struggle get’s worse not better. You will find some incredibly kind people here who understand your pain. As sad as it may seem it does help to know that there are others out there feeling exactly the same as you do and if you have a problem they will try to help. Take care xxx

Morning Reen
Like you I lost my beloved husband in May 2017 and it was a while before I plucked up the courage to put a message on the forum.
The first year you have so much to do and sort out and the shock of what has happen to you takes over and you run on adrenaline. I have found this year to be my worst few months I have every had to contend with but there are a lot friends on the forum who are so very understanding and are feeling the same as you, and have so much advice of how to deal with problems and how to cope. Please carry on writing on the forum and sharing your feelings , even tips you came across on how you cope or find helps you. I wish you well and hope you enjoy engaging with everyone.

Hi Reen. I’m sure you will find comfort and support from people here. We understand and while the stories are all unique, the link is the same…we have all suffered the loss of someone close. Keep reading and posting when you wish…all the best, Annette