Support

Is there a group of people that meet up to support each other with recent bereavement? I would love to meet up with others who know how sad I feel from losing my husband

Hi im so sorry for your loss im not sure where people meet up in different areas you can always ask at your local church or hospice there will be people on here to give you more advice on this forum once again im sorry for your loss it’s utterly devastating in my thoughts and prayers take care of yourself as much as possible Adele x

Thank you so much x

Your more than welcome never thought we’d find ourselves in this scary new world take care of yourself as much as possible Adele x

So are you in the same situation? It is so devastating, I’m just so lost but thank you again for your lovely words x

Yes I lost my soulmate of seventeen years six months and three weeks and two days ago today he fell asleep in my arms three months before his 40th birthday we had all our future mapped out dreams and hopes to grow old together everything my life has been blown apart taken away so cruelly and tragically im so traumatised witnesing it all happen in front of my eyes all I want is my partner back in my arms we should be discussing what’s for tea watch television have a good night kiss just utterly heartbreakon destroyed there’s no words to describe the pain and anguish second by second I hope you find a group to meet I have been advised the sue ryder counselling services are good cruse bereavement have long waiting lists im still waiting but Samaritans are there day and night there’s alot of amazing people on here who will message you and give you more advice im just as you are and everyone else really struggling it’s getting worse hourly in utter disbelief my heart goes out to you take care of yourself as much as possible here’s to another long lonely silent night full of sorrow and despair Adele x

Oh Adele I’m so sorry for you loss too, it’s awful that still after such a long time you find it so difficult. Me and my husband were also soul mates and together for 32 years before he was taken by cancer at the young age of 52. I feel like I’ve lost my own life as we too were planning our future now the children had all grown, it’s so cruel I hate it. X

Sorry I read that wrong I thought you lost your soulmate 17 years ago so didn’t mean to put so long ago, sorry x

It’s fine no October the 24th gone so it is six months and three weeks and two days today since Edward fell asleep in my arms im utterly truamatised thanks again for your kind message I hope the night is kinder to you in my thoughts Adele x

Simon passed at home 11:20am, 29th October so about the same time as you. Our children are all amazing but it’s different for them, I feel like I’ve lost my whole future x

I’m sorry to hear that it’s utterly devastating we never had any children yet our future has been stolen taken away so cruelly and tragically every day is getting worse can’t even open the blinds today just want my Edward back in my arms im utterly heartbreakon and truamatised every second of the day is getting worse we built a home together doesn’t feel like home now just a silent empty house material things are nothing I’d give anything to go back and meet him again hold his hand once more hug him tightly even one more kiss on the forehead in the chapel of rest anything I’d do feel so desperate and lost thinking about this time last year we were planning our holidays not a care in the world I hope you find a group local to you in my thoughts Adele x

Oh Adele, I know it’s awful and you feel like you don’t want to go on because so do I but just try and open the blinds, look at the sun outside, think of the good times, yes it will make you cry as it does me but that’s not a bad thing. X

Thankyou for your kind words and encouragement means alot it was sunny in Newcastle today was the last few days its clouded over now cant even bring myself to sit out there picturing us both sat there last summer in the garden where we always sit joked talked listened to the birds have dinner watered the plants and flowers all gone absolutely heartbreaking thankyou again and I hope the night is kinder to you take care of yourself as much as possible in my thoughts Adele x

Adele, I seriously know how you feel, heartbroken, lost, devastated, angry and many more. I do too, just to hear his voice, just to hold his hand, just to lie next to him in bed again. I want all those things and everything else I had, I cannot imagine the rest of my life without any of those things and I know you feel the same. Such a shame we don’t live closer. Be strong in the thought that I know how you feel, I really do x

Thankyou for your kind words in your time of your horrendous loss also yes all of that just to hear his footsteps on the stairs the toilet flush sneeze a little snore during the night having too much quilt accidentally knocking knees during the night listen to him lock up at night put the chain on alarm on that feeling of security he was my soulmate my reason for getting up in the morning one cup seems so unfair as there were always two now just an empty chair in the dining room thankyou again for your kindness take care of yourself as much as possible speak soon in my thoughts Adele x

1 Like

Adele, I feel everything you say, my feelings are all the same. I don’t know where to go from here for any of us but I know I’m glad I have had this chat with someone as devastated as me, no it doesn’t make me feel better but it makes me feel like I’m not the only one x

Thankyou you aren’t alone sadly and cruelly we have had this misfortune and hell placed upon our lives well it’s just an existinance now I’m pleased to have had the same too take care of yourself as much as possible in my thoughts sending you a hug speak soon Adele x

Xxx