Tempting the devil or am I strange in some way?

My soul mate, lover, best friend, and wife Anne for 50yrs passed away nearly two months ago. In the early weeks I suffered the uncontrollable ‘grief attacks.’ that hit you from nowhere and leave you devastated. However more recently I’ve started to become more comfortable with living alone. The lonelyness of a quiet house is less imposing and I’ve been able to go fishing again without the dread of coming home to the sweet comments of my darling. “Hello love. Did you catch anything?” I’ve come to a realisation that Anne is no longer suffering the many years of illness culminating in her eventual passing of pancreatic cancer. Would I wish her back as she was? NO! Would I wish her back totally fit and healthy perhaps only to go through what I’ve been through with her passing but on that occasion mine? NO! If you research the right places there is overwhelming evidence to show that the death of our physical body is not the end of us. We are spirit by nature. And there is another dimension our soul or spirit travels to when the physical body can no longer function. This has nothing to do do with religeon or spiritualism. It’s a fact of nature. After repeated statements to the nurses and doctors in hospital that she wanted to die, my darling eventually took her last breath whilst I was talking to her and saying how much she was loved. After her passing she had a smile on her sweet face. She had found peace. A few hours before this Anne had been sitting up more straight in her bed and had clearly seen ‘something or someone.’ in her room I and my family could not see. She was mesmarised. Palliative nurses who are prepared to speak will tell you of visitations from deseased love ones visiting the dying to help them on their journey. That’s because those patients were able to speak of this before passing into a comotose state. I’m a retired Met Police Officer and so not prone to self delusion but I can say quite categorically I had a visitation from my darling Anne about three days after her passing. (See another post.) Our house is at peace and at this moment so am I. But am I tempting the devil ? ?

no, you are not tempting a devil. it is beautiful that you have had visitations. I.habe had many of these too.

I’ve also had proof of my final words to my husband, Alan, at the very moment he passed to the spirit world, I could tell you much more, but many are uncomfortable with this topic.

please take comfort in knowing Anne will always be close by and watching over you

blessings
Jen☆

1 Like

Hi Jen
Please feel free to message me privately. I’m totally open minded about what you and I said in our posts. I agree. Posts on this site regarding this subject for all to see could cause discomfort

Love and Light. Geoff.

morning Geoff, I’m not too good at present, but shall private message you either later today or tomorrow.

hope today is an improvement on yesterday and that tomorrow will be an improvement on today
blessings
Jen ☆

1 Like

You know Geoff, I don’t see why your comments would cause discomfort. We all have our views and opinions ans mostly we do express them on here. Surely that’s what this ite is about. We don’t ever know who outr post may reonate with.

1 Like

As I was saying. we don’t know who our posts may resonate with. I often equate life as energy. A law of physics is that energy can’t be lost, it goes elsewhere. Look at the spectrum of light and wavelengths. We, with our very limited vision only have very small part of the spectrum available to us. At one end the ultra violet and the other the infra red. But beyond all that are radio waves, all sorts of light waves that we can’t see but are revealed in radio and TV.
What’s beyond all that? It goes on at either end into infinity. We can’t possibly have any concept of how far it goes.
Perhaps there is another world of being beyond what we know and see. We are bundles of energy, so were our loved ones. Thoughts and feelings and love don’t die, they move on with the consciousness.
Nothing ‘dies’ but returns to it’s source.
Has anyone looked at the stars in a night sky? The distances involved are beyond our comprehension. Now we see that and, to us, it’s a remarkable truth. So why do we not believe in further wonders about spirit?
Because, like the far reaches of the spectrum, we can’t see it. We can’t ‘see’ love but we know it’s there.
I am not particularly religious, neither am I a spiritualist, but I do have faith in some thing or some force that is beyond our understanding. Call it what you will.
“The peace that passeth all understanding”
Yes, all understanding, but it’s there, well, to me it is.
Blessings.

3 Likes

Geoff - I am not sure why you say you are tempting the devil

I also have experiences after Jack died - at some of them I am awake and are few come in a dream

Love is eternal - love doesn’t die
We are souls with a body and not the other way around
I have felt Jack’s presence in my life since he died 10 months ago.

I still don’t like living alone and coming to a house where I know I will be by myself - saying that I also sometimes enjoy my time alone - a bunch of contradictions

Take care
Sadie x

1 Like

I have also had the most extraordinary signs from my husband. I now know for sure that he is alive in spirit and that gives me great comfort. I think that we are very lucky to receive signs from our loved ones - not everyone does.

2 Likes

Hi Louise, glad you also received signs of your husband - and these signs come at the most unexpected times
Sadie x

2 Likes

No you are not tempting the Devil. I believe the same thing. I lost my Husband on Christmas day 2017, and the my Mum on Jan 23 2018. I went through the same as you, John’s loss was sudden, a huge heart attack, the doctor told me that after over 2hours of cpr, he had suffered long term lack of oxygen to his brain and it was only the external machine that was shocking his heart continually that was keeping him technically alive. He confirmed that John had died in our living room right in front of me hours before. I agreed to turn off the machine because even if his heart miraculously restarted, he would be severely brain damaged and he would have hated that. He visited me in the weeks that followed, he even came to me in a dream the night before Mum died, it was as though he was saying, “it’s ok, I have come for her, she will be happy now” she slipped into a coma at the same time as I had the dream and I was woken by someone touching my leg. I truly believe they are in a better place and have moved on. I wish you well with your life, I too have adjusted to being without them, I miss them of course, but it is the way it has to be. I still have days when I feel bereft, but they are getting less these days. Take care of yourself and take comfort in her visits x

2 Likes

I loved reading your post. I’m a Wiccan Witch and we fiercely believe in love of nature and everything around us. We believe that the spirit returns to nature which is the divine source. There are 4 large trees down the road from where I live and every time I pass them I touch them, I swear they “speak” to me. Anyone watching me must truly think I’m potty!!
I’m often loathe to tell people about my beliefs because some people think we are devil worshipers but this couldn’t be further from the truth, in Wicca there is no Satan, there are no Demons.
While a loved one’s passage is always painful, witches don’t shrink from the natural processes of life. The Wheel turns, and sometimes things must be let go.
We also know the Wheel will turn again, and things that have been lost will be returned to us. The form may change, but nothing is ever really lost.
From a spiritual perspective, death is not an ending. It is simply a transition. . .
Mortal beings pass through a door to another realm of existence.
And the door has a window. We can sometimes see the other side through it. And the other side, with greater perception, can always see us.

3 Likes

I felt my husband by the side of my bed and his arms around me. The next morning there was a feather lying on the floor at his side of our bed x

2 Likes

Beautiful
S x

I thoroughly believe they watch over us, had to many uncanny connections with my deceased wife.
My visiting son one evening, was getting quite upset, he hadn’t been contacted by his mum, like me. Far side of the room, a new room scent candle just lit on its own, my boy, sat next to it, talking to her, in tears until, after ten minutes, again, it extinguished itself. (unbelievable I know, but true) needless to say, my son is now a happy man. It didn’t shock me at all as it did him, as I’m used to her contacts.

1 Like

John, what a lovely experience
Sadie x

2 Likes

John, thankyou for sharing this amazing experience with us. I too have had visitations from my husband. The smell of his aftershave and tea. (I don’t drink tea or coffee) I don’t even keep teabags in the house. He’s called out my name quite clearly, dreams where he has helped me and I even found him knelt in the dining room sorting out his cupboard (which I had just been sorting through, obviously didn’t trust me) then found myself sat back in the living room. Was it a dream, I’m not sure but very real. My grandsons wife briefly saw him in her kitchen and was delighted he had visited them. These connections bring so much comfort and I feel him with me.

1 Like

Join the ‘Potty People club’. I love woodland and tree’s. I too feel that they speak to me and they are offering me comfort when I ask for it. I lean against them when I feel sad and talk to them.
I have ‘Tree’ an amazing, wonderful, gigantic tree in the grounds of Queen Victoria’s home and I go and sit by him and, yes, give him a kiss and a hug, he’s my friend. I imagine the sights he’s seen on that driveway. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and their children driving along in their carriage. So much knowledge and history that great tree has seen.
I too have a great love of nature and what is around us and loved your words, they bring comfort.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Ooh yes, you’ve hit the nail on the head there. First year after my wife passed away, I had no interest in our large country garden, which we cherished. I new she’d want it kept up together, so started to renovate it. But, differently. We loved all nature, so decided to turn it into a garden for nature. For butterflies, birds, and animals. Best thing I ever done for myself, I have birds, squirrels, deer, foxes, visiting, being on my own, they have become quite tame, specially the birds, the doves feeding from my hand. Does cost a bit in wild bird food, but worth every penny. Family try to convince me to have a dog, or cat for company, I say, why? I have all the company I need that nature provides, I can spend ages, sat in the garden watching there antics. I believe Connecting with nature is a wonderful relief for grief.

1 Like

Hi Pattidot,
After you saw your husband at his cupboard, I wonder if you looked to see if he had changed anything or not? I absolutely believe that you saw him, but it would be total proof if he had moved something! It must have been a great comfort for you anyway!

1 Like

Hi ashtrees 40
Thank you for your kind words. Your Wiccan resonates with me. There’s much I don’t put up in writing because it will make me sound weirded.
Love and Light
Geoff