Tempting the devil or am I strange in some way?

Geoff we are all weird
We have experiences that can be really explained .
Sadie

1 Like

Hi Geoff, this has given me great comfort because I want to feel my beloved husband Adrian is ‘somewhere’. He saw people (like his dead sister) in the room before he died. I wish I thought he was here with me though, and I don’t! I wish to have a visitation more than anything else. People say it will come when I am not searching for it so much. I am finding it difficult to go on at the moment without him and the only thing giving me any comfort is that one day, when I die, we will be together again. Feeling his presence near, now would be wonderful.
Valerie

1 Like

Hello John. I couldn’t agree more about connecting with nature, it can give so much comfort. It has certainly saved me. I walk miles with my dogs and take in the things around me more now than ever. My husband was a keen photographer and painter. He used to say, “Look at the colour of things around you. at the many shades in the countryside” I do find myself looking now, we take so much for granted.
Well done on the wildlife garden it sounds quite beautiful. I love wildlife except badgers as they make a mess of my paths on my allotment and cause me a lot of extra work, I’m afraid I do curse them. I do however plant flowers to encourage the bee’s and butterflies and anything else that want’s to visit. (Except badgers). Feed birds also.

1 Like

Hi Louise, I have never looked in that cupboard since that day. It was Brian’s and I never went into it. Then months after his death decided to sort it out. Some things were destroyed, some put back tidy, so to be honest I wouldn’t know if anything had been moved. Never thought about checking it before but will have a look. You have made me curious now.
He did send a message to me via a third party a week after I saw him and he asked why I had moved his chair. I had. I replaced it with another chair.

1 Like

Wow!! Been asked about the chair !! It is very nice when we feel them contacting us x

1 Like

Yes it is Sadie, it gives such comfort. I had never given much thought to someone visiting me from the spirit world before losing Brian. But now await his contact.
I have realised that my father has visited me many times in dreams as well as my beloved Nan. Sadly not my mother but I was never her favourite person.
Love to you
Pat xxx

1 Like

Dear Geoff
Firstly, I am so sorry you have lost your dear wife, Anne, and that you have been comforted by her visitation to your house. Do not worry about tempting the devil, there is nothing evil in what you have described.
I lost my wonderful husband nearly 6 weeks ago and the house is empty, sad and very very lonely like me. He was a retired police officer too and was my soulmate and best friend. I miss him more than words can say and long for the peace you have found. Barbara

1 Like

Hi Barbara
I too am so sorry for the loss of your very own PC49. Anne’s visitation was a great comfort knowing she was somewhere safe and bathed in pure love, away from her earthly and bodily illnesses. But today I’m on a real ‘downer’ Today is our 50th Wedding Anniversary. My darling Anne missed it by a few months, but I still say we were married 50yrs. So at the moment I seem back where I started nearly two months ago, shortly after her passing. Yet things will pick up again in a fashion and like you Barbara, Anne was my soul mate and best friend. I miss her so much that it hurts. Stay safe my friend.
Love and Light.
Geoff.

Dear Geoff,
Thank you for your reply. Today is your Wedding Anniversary and I’m sure Anne is with you, in your heart, where she will always be. She is at peace. Two months is a very short time to adjust to such a massive loss and these special days, anniversaries, birthdays etc , are just so difficult to bear. I am only 5 weeks from John’s death and I still cry every day and I just hope that the days will become easier as they pass. Until then remember there are others going through the same pain who have you in their thoughts.
Hugs Barbara

2 Likes

Thanks so much Barbara x

You are very welcome Geoff, anytime you’re feeling like a chat just send a message. Barbara

Hi Geoff
Did you get through yesterday without going crazy?
Today is another day nearer finding peace. Please write if it helps. Barbara

1 Like

I’m never going to find true peace Barbara. A part of my very being has been taken away and so forever dulling the spark of life I once had.
Love and Light.
Geoff.

I feel the same Geoff. John was my life, he still is, and my reason for living happily. We shall never “ get over” our loss and can only hope that time will make it easier to cope with. Love and hugs Barbara x

1 Like

My husband died suddenly 4 weeks ago. His funeral was on Tuesday just gone and I pray constantly for him to come back to me. I never got to say goodbye and it tears me apart.

1 Like

Dear Bevd, I am so very sorry that you didn’t have a chance to say goodbye to your husband

Do you talk to him? When you talk to him tell all you feel and what you feel in connection of not saying goodbye - and you may find that you will either a dream or some way that he will contact you

Sending you a loving hug
Sadie xx

1 Like

Hi Bevd
I’m led to believe that our loved ones can only make a visitation when we are’nt looking for one. Or least expect it. I’ve had them before but in this simplest of forms. You feel as if a cobweb has been placed over your face and the temptation is to rub your face. But if you leave it be, a great calmness engulfs you and you may find yourself smiling.
Love and Light
Geoff

Hi Geoff,
I’ve had some strange ‘visitation’ experiences in the past when two people died but as Adrian was the closest to anyone I have ever been I have expected something from him and yes, probably am looking too hard. I have seen numerous white feathers (one I put in the porch to find it had blown into the hall) and many robins but I saw those before he died as we fed them regularly.
I know you know how this feels, my life has been torn apart. Every day I wake up to face the nightmare of another day without him. This time last year I had a part time teaching job which brought in enough money for us to have a decent living and a husband I cherished. Now it has all gone. We said I’d carry on working until the house had been sold which we put up for sale last February. When Adrian became ill they didn’t renew my contract as I was signed off for a term, to care for him and I couldn’t re apply for another one. Although we knew his condition was serious I didn’t expect him to die and there’s still so much I want to say to him. I was the driving force in our marriage but he was my rock and his reassurance and total devotion to me (as I was to him) has gone and I just don’t want to carry on. Life has no meaning for me now as all my energy went into him, our home life and teaching. Now all that has gone in a heart beat and I am truly heartbroken. I used to get depressed and worried about money etc. now I think how could I possibly be depressed when he was with me. If only…if only he would come back. I feel like I don’t want to wake up to the nightmare of another day without my beloved. My children think I should go to the doctors for anti depressants. He has been dead just over 9 weeks. What do you think? If only I could have a visitation at least I would feel he was still with me.
Val

1 Like

Hi Val
I’m so sorry for your loss. I don’t have any words of wisdom but my situation is so similar to yours except my husband wasn’t ill. I just came home a month ago and found him already gone.
Just know you aren’t alone in the way you feel. My only plans for now is to get up each day and see what that day brings. Xx

Dear Val
Antidepressants may well help. I’m not one to shy away from any kind of help. I’ve been on antidepressants for over 20yrs for clinical depression and acute anxiety. A condition passed down through the genes from my mother’s side of the family. My meds are called Citalopram. I can’t say if they’ve helped in any way involving the grieving process because I have nothing to weigh it against, but my gut feeling tells me they have helped. Feel confident to see your doctor about antidepressants and don’t be put of by folk who are anti meds. There are no medals in life for braving things out when help may be at hand regarding medication. As I’ve posted before I like a few beers of an evening to chill out and help me sleep. Sadly my post was taken completely out of context by a few people and in the end I wished I hadn’t posted it. Much of what you say about about your closeness to Adrian equally applies to the loving close relationship I had with my Anne. She used to call me her rock towards the end and Anne was always my driving force. Now it’s just me. I have no future, and to think about the past upsets me so I stay in the moment drifting from one irrelevant task to another. I know this is of little comfort but you are’nt alone with your thoughts, feelings, and views Val. Chat to me anytine my friend.
Love and Light.
Geoff.