The blind leading the blind...

As it is, would have been my Richards 75th Birthday today, i am finding i am reminiscing on our early life, re, our dog walking together, mainly in our dating days when we just had the one dog, my dog…I am just picturing a walk we had often done, it was a walkway- a cycle run lane that took us from one end, where i was living to the other end, Rickmansworth Aquadrome canal, then a walk around the lake and back home…I was not a holding hands person but i did love to link arms as we did on these walks…I am now in the kitchen microwaving a meal and going back to those days and comparing those days to these days, well the last few years…Instead of linking his arm, due to my MS and balance, I would in my earlier stages just three or so years ago, literally cling onto his polo top sleeve, he always wore polo tops with button opening at the neck, plus always short sleeves not long sleeves, and i would grab hold of the material, more than grabbing hold of his actual arm, where he often said, you are going to pull me down, well that always got me laughing as i replied, if you go down, i go down with you, followed by, we are the blind, leading the blind…what with his breathing problems which back then we both believed to just be COPD, although that too goes in stages…

Jackie…

1 Like

Hi,Jackie,we too used to enjoy our walks,although Rob had an electric wheelchair for quite a few years and because I have Arthritis in my knee,I used to hold on to the chair for support.I found it really hard to walk anywhere without holding on to it.I must look drunk sometimes when I go out!I do miss those walks.Not the same on your own and they would bring back too many memories.x

Jill…
… it is hard to believe we once had a life, isn’t it…where did it go, why did it go…and with not one care in the world…

Jackie…

2 Likes

Thinking of you x

Jackie I was born and brought up in Harrow. Then moved to Watford for 20 years.

Jooles…
…I was there for my first 50 years…, i do know Bushey and Harrow…

Jooles…
…I was there for my first 50 years…, i do know Bushey Heath and Harrow…

Small world. My mum was born and raised in Harrow. Then her and dad moved to Leighton buzzard. I was born In Harrow. Met my husband at the flag pub next to Watford junction. Which school did you go to. You are 2 years younger than my mother-in-law

Jules…
… the school is not a school anymore…Leggatts Way…
…Leighton Buzzard was for the market…
The Flag must be a new one…I can remember the Caledonian Hotel…

Ha. That’s where my mother in law went!!!

The pub has gone now it’s always changing.

Jules…
… the school is not a school anymore…Leggatts Way…
…Leighton Buzzard was for the market…pet store and garden centre…
The Flag must be a new one…I can remember the Caledonian Hotel…

My dad used to work in the garden centre. X