The club you never wanted to join

I am grateful that we have this group not what we ever wanted but don’t feel alone and can read how you doing hope you all have managed the day and get some sleep tonight I am at my sons but dreading driving home and my love will not me home so we can not chat about our day it’s so hard isn’t it xx

3 Likes

Hi to everyone on here, just wanted to say thank you for all your kind replies, it makes me feel a little less alone knowing you are all out there and understanding this hell we are going through. Here we are at the start of another lonely weekend, they seem to come round so quickly and I hate them. Seeing all the smug people out there with their families when you are all alone and miserable. Not hearing from family or friends, they say you will have to come over sometime, but months go by and you never actually get an invite. It is coming up for 9 months now since my lovely husband died and I can’t believe I have survived this long, I thought I would die of a broken heart and can’t believe that I am still here, how is that possible. I am terrified about the year anniversary coming up when I won’t even be able to say this time last year we were doing this or that. I try to make myself go out and do things, but then you have to come home and he isn’t there and the agony engulfs you all over again. I send my love to all of you out there, I feel your pain and am sending you a virtual hug, if only I could hug you for real, I miss hugs, nobody hugs me any more, just another misery. x

7 Likes

Hi Lynn
Thanks for virtual hug we all miss out hugs so much been out for a walk come home my husband not here to tell him have a hug and he would make a drink life is all different as you say weekend is here and it’s horrible thought what is life all about plodding along xx

1 Like

That is what I miss the most. Hugs. Hugs are so important for our mental health and security. I haven’t had a hug since my husband died. I used to say give me a hug babe and he would lean in to me. I would then say with arms. Hugs are not hugs without arms. He would laugh and wrap his arms around me. I so miss those hugs. They made me feel like the most loved woman in the world. As you all say nobody understands until it happens to them. Take care x

7 Likes

I agree I miss snuggling up together how do we get through life with out them beside us ni one to talk about what we will do tomorrow and plan things together never felt such pain and loneliness x

3 Likes

Totally true, no one knows unless they have walked this lonely road none of us choose to walk. They all try to say the right things but land up,saying all the wrong things and we wish they had just kept quiet.

Hi lynn every word is so true it’s been nearly 3 years since I lost my lovely wife and it never gets any easier the pain goes on please take care X

1 Like

Since Norm died I feel like I am now a body without a soul. This group has helped in that I do not feel I am alone in my grief. I lost my ‘job’ as well as we were a duo, music was our life and hobby. Everything died with him.
We had a beautiful spring morning last Sunday and I could imagine him waking up and saying,” come on, what are we waiting for? Where are we going busking today?”
I am officially an old age pensioner 66 next month, we had planned to go on a cruise to celebrate us both getting our pensions. My neighbour has a birthday the same week,so,
we are having a joint birthday party and a memorial to Norm, but I feel numb and empty. God bless you all and let’s take each day as it comes. :hibiscus::heart:

5 Likes

Are so sorry and sad for you do unfortunate he’s gone and all the fretirement celabrations can’t go ahead as you would of liked. There is never a right time for these things but you really drawn the sort straw in thus. I can’t think of anything positive to say except he will be there forcing you to keep going. We all have these mountains to climb and it’s tough. Keep going :heart::broken_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks, bless you for your love

1 Like

Yes we have to keep going somehow. Had a particularly hard day today especially being the awful weekend Tried to keep busy in the garden which we used to do together blissfully happy doing our own thing then coming in to the empty house again him not being there it hit me like a brick had to go into the bedroom where his clothes are still hanging in the wardrobe and bury my face into one of his shirts to find comfort . Not a good day emotional wise perhaps low as getting over Covid as well .

2 Likes

That’s like me Chrissy my husbands clothes still hang and I hate weekends as miss him so much. We all have our own memories of our life before our best friends. Today has been tough for me as was on my own had to go for long walk as was lost. Its so tough and we’re all dealing with it as Best we can. Stay strong we all here to help each other xx

Oh Chrissy
I feel your pain just the same as you some how weekends are the hardest we have to do things on our own we loved pottering around in our garden together now I get upset doing it on my own I feel I have to keep it nice as you have said we come in and the house is so empty I still the same as you have all my husbands cloths hanging in his wardrobe it’s awful how do we carry on I struggle if I get invited to dinner I think they are asking me as they feel sorry for me so I say no and don’t bother to eat evenings are so long now that it stays light longer I hate being alone come on here and see that many are in the same boat and feeling the same
Another day not that we want xx

1 Like

:hibiscus: Thanks, stay strong.x

All your thoughts give me great comfort . A huge hug from me stay strong :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

2 Likes

100% true
I lost my husband 7 weeks ago and today an elderly gentleman stopped to chat in the super market - I didn’t know him but we passed the time of day and I felt ‘normal ‘ for 5 minutes, no head tilting, sympathy , words of wisdom - I actually wish I could live amongst strangers st the moment . I think I must be feeling the anger part as I can’t stand platitudes and friends trying to find words to help
Good luck to us all

4 Likes

Hi all,
Having a really bad day, just back from a weekend away for Mother’s day, should have been a nice weekend, but the people you expect to support you can be really cruel and it is hard to understand why. At my lowest point I am told that after nine months I should be over it by now and as he was older than me I should have expected him to die. I feel so let down by the people who I thought would be there for me. Why do people who are supposed to care about you treat you so badly, I feel like I just want to die the pain is so bad. Just need some love x

3 Likes

I understand. Im struggling with the phrase life goes on and you have to move forward. Although these comments are true. However , how do does life go on without that person in it? How do we move forward when that person isnt here anymore .life will never be the same and that’s difficult :confused:

2 Likes

Just read your post Lynn so sorry people are making it even worse for you as if it can get any worse I know people just do not understand how it feels to loose your partner the one that was there for you always loved you and was there sharing your life planning things together then all that goes and some how people think we can move on we can not and don’t want to either do we not possible for us to get over it ever just trying our best to manage it but helps if family and friends can show us a little love and care it’s horrible coming home after being away and feeling even worse we understand on here how you feel as we all in same boat it is 11 months almost since my husband suddenly was taken from me it’s been so hard every day life is very difficult if it was not for

my son daughter I would not have still been here
Sending you a hugs xx

1 Like

Hi Lynn,
Thank you for being so brave to write here, your words have expressed what I have been unable to say.
It’s been five years for me and I can still feel the raw grief and the frustration that people expect you to recover and move on. Their trite words and phrases make me want to scream at them but it’s not their fault that they don’t know what it’s like.
I have days now where I cope but the sadness never goes away.
I have gained comfort here, it’s good to be somewhere where people understand the agony we live in.
Thank you again, Daisyrose. :heart:

3 Likes