The Future

I was widowed for the second time two days before my birthday in October. My Husband died suddenly of a massive heart attack in front of my eyes despite two of my neighbours giving him CPR, The horror of what I saw will always stay in my mind. I had only known my Husband for nine years and we had been married for two years. They were some of the happiest years of my life and my heart has been broken into a million pieces and will never by whole again. I am so sad but I am determined not to lean on my Daughters too much or show how sad I am in front of my Grandsons as they are quite young and have asked their Mums if they are going to die, When I met my Husband he lived 160 miles away from me, kept his house on and never made a will so on top of everything else I have got the worry of sorting his affairs and house out. He had never married so hasn’t got any really close family. Having been widowed for the second time in ten years I am feeling all the same feelings again - I can deal with how other people react and to some extent the loneliness but I think what is going to happen to me in the future - nothing to look forward - meals out, days out, weekends away and holidays.

3 Likes

So Sorry for yr loss Kimmielou,

I hear you, I lost my husband to be 6 wks before we where due to marry in Nov 21.
The 3.5 yrs we had together where amazing, and we had so many plans for the future, those plans now all gone. The feeling of loss, sadness and dread is all I feel most days now… I have returned to work, but I have no interest to do anything else at the moment, but when family and friends invite me I’m trying to accept the invitations, some days are easy to accept than others.

I don’t have much advice I’m afraid, other than be kind to yourself, and don’t hide yr emotions from yr family, they will understand I’m sure.
Ii think this forum is a good place to reach out, and I hope it helps give you a little comfort.
To know yr not alone in how yr feeling…
From this forum I’ve learnt that there are many in similar situation to me losing a partner fairly young… my partner was 51 when he passed suddenly…
Take care. X

1 Like

Thank you for your kind message. I am so sorry for your loss. This forum has already given me some comfort to know that other people are feeling exactly the same as myself. Take care and stay strong x

1 Like

Thank you, and glad yr getting some comfort from the forum.
Take care xx

1 Like

Hi KimmieLou
I’m so sorry for your loss, nine years is a long time to love then loose someone, I’m sure your daughters will want to help and sometimes we need to lean a little else we might snap. I do understand that you don’t want to upset people, but it is an awful, upsetting time.
I lost my husband in August last year, we were together for 31 years, married for 19, he was 48 when he died very sudden and unexpected. I have no hopes for the future now, I know I may have several, lonely years ahead, I carry on for our two teenage children, they are my only focus and my reason for getting out of bed each day. Take care x

1 Like

Hi Lilyboost. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your message. I am getting alot of comfort from this forum knowing that so many people feel the way I do. Take care and stay strong x

1 Like