The loneliness is a killer

Hi. I lost my husband in January. We would have been married 45 years this year and he was the centre of my world as well as my soulmate. It’s not getting any easier and I just feel so empty. Life has lost all meaning. The loneliness is unbearable at times and it’s a constant struggle to get through the days. I have soldered on trying to draw strength from my faith and prayers and this is the first time I have reached out to anyone. I’m hoping that I may derive some kind of comfort from knowing that I’m not the only one going through this. Well meaning as they are, I really don’t think friends, acquaintances, family members etc can really understand what you’re going through if they haven’t experienced it themselves.

1 Like

Hello @Sakinah. I feel so sorry for your loss. All of us on here can relate to your loneliness and sadness, and hopefully your faith and prayers will be of some comfort to you. You are right when you say other family members and friends cannot understand what you are going through. Until someone has been through a deep loss like yours there is no way they could possibly feel what you are going through.
Keep posting and reading on here and I’m sure you will realize that what you are feeling is quite normal and others on here will understand your pain. Taking one day at a time so that you don’t get overwhelmed may be of help to you.
Love and light, x

1 Like

Hi Jean2. Thank you for your reply. I only joined up in the small hours last night and this was my first post so you made me feel very welcome. Yes it has been somewhat comforting to read some of the posts and see that others are having similar experiences and struggles. I wish you well and again, thanks for your support.

1 Like

Hi Sakinah
I am so sorry your husband died. I know exactly how you feel as my wonderful husband took his last breath in June 2020. It is so hard to contemplate carring on without them, but carry on we must. I am assuming you don’t have children and that must make it even harder for you. I have no advice for you and I probably can’t say anything that might help you. I just wanted you to know that we are all here for you and you can say anything you like. Whatever it is, someone will have thought the same thing, or had the same experience and that in itself can help. I hope you find peace soon. We are here for you!

1 Like

Hi AnnR and thank you for your kind response. I’m really sorry to hear about your husband too. Although it helps to know I’m not the only one going through this, it makes me profoundly sad when I read all the posts on here. So many loved ones gone, so much sadness. I hope you can also find peace. I wish you well.

2 Likes