The loss of my best friend

I lost my husband of 37 years 2 weeks ago he collapsed abroad whilst visiting family for a week - he had a stroke and spent one month in clinics before coming home to UK. So hard having cared for him all this time abroad and in the UK - my only consolation is my Islamic faith that teaches us that we all belong to God and we all have to return to him. I believe that it was a relief for him in the end as his lungs failed from pneumonia and he was paralysed - so hard to watch his final moments which is a memory that is difficult to shift from my mind. It was only him and me we were so close,

• the strong feelings of loss and loneliness is so overwhelming - I continue to pray that God will continue to give me the strength to manage going forward without my beautiful soulmate. :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:
1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss and the tragic way your husbands life ended.

It’s so shocking to lose them and the planned future you had. Two weeks is such early days and I’m sure you’re finding it all overwhelming and raw.

Hold on to your faith and take small steps, focus on one day at a time.

2 Likes

I envy your faith, I have none and am totally lost,I visit the grave where I put my wifes ashes and wish I could pray but if there is a god I would be angry with him for taking my girl.
Take one day at a time believe in your faith and be with your family.

1 Like

I know things are so painful and am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am a convert to Islam and it is our belief that all our souls come from God and that we all have to return to him. We also believe that our lives are mapped out and even our death date is fixed. We believe we will be tested in this life and will obtain high rewards for our patience and suffering through these tests - “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the Master calls a Butterfly” take care of yourself

1 Like