The only one who never let me down...

I am crying again as i remember the two MS Society evening monthly’s i am -was a member of, i paid my annual dues…One is local the other was 31 miles into the neighbouring county where i was made welcome but on telling them of Richards death over the phone and i shan’t be able to make any future journeys without Richard taking me- bringing me, yet not one member nor committee member although they have now done away with these titles has ever phoned me ( they have my number and address ) to even ask how i am coping let alone anyone wanting to come to his cremation service, same as for my local one, although one MS committer lady did turn up on behalf of the Society…Oh they have tried to get transport but i dont come under their radar as living so remote, but one lovely lady who does not have MS did come collect me on a couple of monthlies well this was three plus months ago so i have now been abandoned, completely abandoned, only Richard was the loyal to me one, he never complained about the 31 one way car journey, he was more than happy to take me no matter the distance, he would make sure i was safely inside, waiting for me to come out of the loo as i arrived, then waiting for me to go inside through the glass sliding doors to place my raffle prize on the table before leaving to go for a fish and chips or steak meal before coming back to collect me, at the local MS social he often stayed if the evenings subject was going to be interesting or it was our fish and chips meal or they put on the Christmas dancing show from the WOW theatre where a small group of young teens would come in and perform for us for an hour…Richard is - was the only 100% percent reliable person in my life and i am so proud to have known him for this along with his other good and loyal to me qualities, he really is - was one in a million, never to be repeated again, he was a very special person who came into my life and was part of my life for the past 20 years…I so took him for granted and would give absolutely anything to have-get him back…

Jackie…

Jackie…

1 Like

This breaks my heart reading this xx They always take the good ones first :broken_heart:

Sarrah…
…you are right, that’s what i grew up hearing from my family 40 - 50 plus years ago…" they always take the good ones first…"…That was the time when i lost a lot of uncles and aunts…

Jackie…

I know it’s so true I heard it from my grandparents :broken_heart: