The voice my mum heard

I lost my dad 3 weeks ago and lastnight my mum told me that she distinctly heard my dad shout jet name during the night. My mum automatically replied “yes, what is it?” Then awoke to realise his side of the bed was empty. Has anyone else experienced this happening to them. I thought it was lovely as I thought my dad was just trying to reach out to my mum

Yes, I too have experienced this. I distinctly heard my wife laugh, as she always did.
I have heard noises coming from the kitchen in the night. I have got up to see but there’s never anything there that could cause such noises.
I understand from friends who are deeper into this than I am, that it’s difficult for a lost loved one to communicate. Apparently they do try.
This is not imagination, it’s too real for that. I suggest you just take it as it comes.
There is so much we don’t know; far more than we think we do. Norms no longer apply when dealing with this kind of expression. It’s a totally different world.
Take care.

Hi, I certainly have. I was reading in bed and awake and heard his voice clearly call my name. Like your Mum I answered him and even jumped out of bed and went onto the landing expected to see him coming up the stairs. It also gave me such comfort and since then I have had many visitations from Brian, he has shown me where things are, and helped with a problem. Last week it was my Birthday and during the night I woke up and couldn’t get back to sleep. I held Brian’s photo for a while and then seemed to go into a trance like state and sure enough there he was telling me he loved me and I was able to hold his hand while his arm was around me. It was a good feeling for the rest of the day. So tell your Mum to keep looking for your Dad, talk to him let him know how much he’s loved and still very much part of her life.

My Aunty said once when she was in the kitchen she heard her daughter who had died call for her. She said “yes what’s up”. She said it was so clear