Time does not heal

My husband died very suddenly 12 years ago. Although years have passed I feel like it was yesterday. I can’t move on and my grief is sometimes unbearable. I do have times when I am fine but I still get flashbacks of the day he died. I wish there was some support group where I could meet other people who have gone through loss and bereavement, to talk about feelings and how people cope.

Hello Dusty. Im sorry you’re struggling. My husband died very suddenly 15 months ago. A fit healthy 65 year old and then bang! Sudden heart attack, completely out of the blue. No lead up, nothing. In a matter of minutes my husband was taken from me and my life changed for ever. I don’t think think we can ever get over it. All we can do is blunder our way through. Sending you love and a big hug. Xx

Thank you for sharing this its nearly five years since my husband died and I feel exactly the same I thought I was doing something wrong by not moving on. My husband was 58 went to work and didn’t come home I lost him and my future in the blink of an eye. I too have some calm days but I also have dark days and still cry a lot. So yes the saying time heals does not always apply. Like you I wish there was somewhere to go and talk but everyone treats you as though you should be OK when the funeral is over. Take care sending a hug - Marilyn x

I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband Marilyn. My husband was 53 and I too didn’t say goodbye. He went into hospital for a minor procedure as a day case and it went horribly wrong. He died the following morning. I feel like I will never come to terms with it so I can’t move on. I just take one day at a time now.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband Marilyn. My husband was 53 and I too didn’t say goodbye. He went into hospital for a minor procedure as a day case and it went horribly wrong. He died the following morning. I feel like I will never come to terms with it so I can’t move on. I just take one day at a time now. You are so right about the funeral. People are there for you until the funeral is over and they then disappear and you are expected to move on. Anyway sending hugs to you. Judy x

I think that’s all we can do take it one day at a time and plod on, the pain will never go you just learn to live with it. You you take care xx