tired of all my sadness

My sweet husband of almost 50 years died almost 3 months ago. The pain of this loss has been the most difficult thing I have ever experienced. I’m tired of being sad and tired so much of the time. Reading the posts does make me know that I am not alone in my experience but it would be nice to hear from someone who has weathered the storm and has more good days than bad. We had planned on so much for our future years that now it’s difficult to do what needs to be done let alone travel or other types of recreation. I’d love to hear from those who have made it to the other side of this terrible pain to a life of joy and happiness.

2 Likes

Hi Roadtrip, I am so sorry to hear about the death of your husband, my husband died after 40 years of marriage, so I know how you feel, it does take a long time to start to feel better, I think I cried every day for the first 6 months, then gradually I realised that I had had a day with no tears, I found that keeping really busy helped, I have a dog and she needed walking every day, so I had to get out in the fresh air and nature is a great healer, life is very different now but in its own way it’s good, sending love Jude xx

1 Like