Today I thought I am doing fine

I shed a few tears this morning but not such bad as I did before. So I thought it will be a better day. I went out shopping taking the bus to Grays, got what I wanted, and did not even cry although I saw an elderly couple helping each other with the shopping reminding me what I lost - I only felt very lost and sad. Went home and wanted to show my husband what I bought and it hit me again. Crying and that terrible feeling of being alone til my time comes. I am missing him so much. I still resist taking Kalms again because I do not like feeling numb. And now another sunny weekend. Sending lots of love and hugs to everyone.

11 Likes

Hi @Annaessex,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: Iā€™m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Thank you, Alex. I really appreciate your kind comment. Love and hugs.

Our granddaughter has just had her birthday - this reminded me of something else grandad is missing - - and it set me off (again)!!

G. X

1 Like

I am so sorry that you are also having a bad day. I actually calm down during the day and I got a surprised phone call from my German friend ( I know her since I was 15 years old - I am 62 now ). It must be hard for your granddaughter to have her first birthday without her Granddad no matter how old she is. I hope that she still enjoined her day because I am sure that your husband wanted that she have fun and a good time. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

1 Like

I was trying to reply to u on another thread @Annaessex but cant find it now ! Said you felt awful today ! and i just wanted to say be patient with yourself ! I still have terrible days and im 2 months ahead of you ! Just do what you have to do each day ! Baby steps. Take care xxx

1 Like

Thank you, Deb5. I always have the feeling that that dreaded sunshine makes it worse. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

1 Like

Yeh it can make you feel more isolated cant it ? Because everybody is off doing things ! I understand ! Then you miss your hubby :frowning: its just rubbish i know ā€¦ just do things slowly and make best of day as you can :wink: hugs back to you :wink: xxx

1 Like