Told to stop wallowing

@Lonely - we lost our beloved cat a couple of years ago and not sure we ever got over that. I have severe arthritis in both feet and one hip which is now bone against bone. My husband would have looked after me so now I don’t want to get it done.

It means I can’t get a dog because of walking and picking up poo as I can hardly bend. A cat would be difficult as our village road out front has become really busy and although we have fields at the back if the was out for too long I couldn’t wander to look for it. I wouldn’t be able to bend for a litter tray even though I had years of practice and my hubby did it. Even going to the vet - our Toby was heavy and it took both of us to get him very reluctantly in. No problem when we left the vet - he shot in. I would dearly love a furry companion but I think those days are over. I am very pleased for you. Xxx

1 Like

Wear you Gucci sunglasses with pride Sheila, you have earnt them, l am sure your lovely Peter would have agreed. Still smiling at the thought of your teeth stuck in the burger. Much love xx

4 Likes

@Lonely - much love to you Sheila. What a tangled unending web we are all in. Xxx

3 Likes

I do love this.gives hope to us newly bereaved…i think through time we will all get used to this new way of life.we gave to i dont fancy the alternative…i am only 4 months on this journey that i never thought for 1 second i would be on in my life but we have to learn to accept. Xx

6 Likes

Oh dear. I’m sorry Sheila but the denture story cracked me up xx.

3 Likes

Lonely you a breath of fresh air in this club no one wanted to join. Wish I could jive! x

3 Likes

This weekend apart from it being Mothers Day is my birthday the first one in 40 odd years on my own. Last year how difficult it was for him he still managed to get me some lovely Emma Bridgewater plates, I'll never let them go! My family have been lovely as my brother and his wife are coming tomorrow , my sister took me out for lunch today she does get at her husband when we are out she will learn what it means to loose him . To sum it up my son sent the flowers to the wrong address my friend now has them but I had a lovely time today. I have sort of mixed emotions as lost Colin on 13th July most of the time I am ok but then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I am selling our home of 26 yrs but have moved back into a cottage we married from so only have happy memories here. I dont think I am wallowing I think I am being perfectly normal. Anyway I really will have to learn to jive Take care everyone as i said not a club we wanted to join but we did.

3 Likes

On the contrary @Lonely , you help MASSIVELY as you give hope to many that things can improve in this life we never anticipated. I and many others thank you for that.
Love
Karen xxx

3 Likes

I spent my first birthday in 50 years alone as daughter had tested positive - son & family didn’t/wouldn’t
visit , until I’d taken a “official” covid test via the test centre.
I still don’t understand why they couldn’t speak thru the window or stand in the driveway for a few minutes.
Yes, I wallowed in self pity and can’t forget their thoughtlessness.
G. X

3 Likes

@Grandma oh how awful for you. I would certainly have thought being outside would be perfectly ok to do.
Hugs
Karen xxx

3 Likes

Ah @Heather56, I’m sorry for your loss. You lost your husband on the last wedding anniversary my husband and I were to spend together. It sounds like you’ll have a nice birthday with your family but I know it won’t be the same. I had my birthday in February. Oh and if you want to wallow then do so and sod what anyone else thinks. I’ve wallowed a lot since I lost David. It’s MY grief and MY loss and I’ll wallow if I want to! Much love to you. Jean xx.

5 Likes

Thank you Jean x

1 Like

10 Likes

This is so lovely
Deborah x

2 Likes

With friends like that who needs enemies?!

1 Like

@bussteve1 - thank you so much for that poem , it is beautiful. I have asked for it to be read out in my instructions when I pass.

Much love and peace to you

Charm xxx

1 Like

@Grandma

We love and appreciate you my darling xxxx

Happy belated birthday xxxx

4 Likes

The poem will go on my wall so I see it everyday, we are all struggling with our own loss trying to make sense of it all, trying to live Life as best we can under these dark times
steve xxx

5 Likes

I agree with hat a lovely poem . Thanks for sharing .

2 Likes

Thank you @bussteve1 I love that poem.
Hugs
Karen xxx

1 Like