Total sadness again

Dear Tricia
I am grateful for your reply. I know I should count my blessings but some days I feel sorry for myself. I know I should try harder for my children I know my husband wouldn’t want me to be sad all the time he always made me laugh when I was sad.
So I must try harder & I WILL.
Thank you
Sending you a hug too xx

Reading your thoughts and the thoughts of all of us suffering here is such a comfort to me. An emotional rollercoaster of sadness loneliness and anger seems to be my life just now. So perhaps my words on here are not the best thoughts but I struggle to see what is best anymore. Happiness is an emotion of my past when I had my Ed to hold. Life has robbed us all of happiness on this site but the support we can give each other here is a great comfort I’m sure. Thank you everyone.
Liz x

1 Like

We all feel sorry for ourselves - none of us want to be in this club and some days are just awful no matter what we do. So be kind to yourself too and maybe we will see a glimmer of something one day to help us along the way.
Take care
Trisha xx

2 Likes

OH NO!!! How could you possibly have offended anyone, least of all me. Never bottle up feelings. You will have realised it does take time often to get back to a post. But PLEASE don’t stop posting. Everyone has expressed adequately how we all feel. You know you have our prayers and yes, our love.
Alone!!! No way! Everyone here knows, my God don’t we just. Now take care and I look forward to hearing from you again. Blessings.

1 Like

OH NO!!! How could you possibly have offended anyone, least of all me. Never bottle up feelings. You will have realised it does take time often to get back to a post. But PLEASE don’t stop posting. Everyone has expressed adequately how we all feel. You know you have our prayers and yes, our love.
Alone!!! No way! Everyone here knows, my God don’t we just. Now take care and I look forward to hearing from you again. Blessings.

Sorry. Double take again. Don’t know why.

Hi Jonathan
Thank you for encouraging me to stay in touch I am grateful for your words . I do hope you are coping in this boiling hot weather. I do appreciate the friendship of everyone & I know I am not alone.
Will post again soon
Love To you all

After a very sad start to the week I went out last night with some old girlfriends for a meal. It was lovely and I felt quite good. But I mentioned that I was upset about memories appearing on my Facebook page and I had tried to stop them and my dearest friend asked why I would not want to see them ?? Would they not be a happy reminder of the good times with Ed? People can never understand the pain of losing someone who made your life so wonderful unless they experience it themselves ! I don’t know if and when I will be able to look at these memories and not feel so lost and alone and scared . I hope there will be a time I can as yes my Ed did give me wonderful memories but it’s too painful just now. I have really good friends and they wold never hurt me intentionally but I wish people would try to understand more.

I don’t know how long ago you lost your dear Ed. In the early days all I wanted to do was look at old photos . My kids made a collage for the funeral of loads of photos of all of us & I found it such a comfort. Maybe your friends are trying to help you by talking about him & happier times. I’m sure they didn’t mean to hurt you.
This morning I felt very low as I didn’t go out at all yesterday so I put the PC on & found loads of photos of all sorts of things that we had done together & I felt very close to him happy & sad . I printed several of them to add to the collection. I have photos all around the house it helps me not everybody’s cup of tea but it helps me.
The ones that make me cry now are the recent ones. I looked at all the photos that were taken on my birthday & obviously my darling wasn’t in any of them that makes me really unhappy.
I guess time will help heal our broken hearts in the meantime I just keep remembering all the happy times.
Love & hugs to you all xx

Yes I have lots of photos all around the house of my Ed and I speak to them all the time. I lost my Ed 8 weeks ago and my sons girlfriend made a lovely memory book with photos and friends were invited to write a message in it. I have not really looked at this book but I will eventually. The memories on my Facebook are mostly of holidays and social outings and they just seem to remind me of how my world has changed and that it will never be the same again. I hope your day is better now and thank you for listening. Xx

Oh how lovely what a lovely idea .I am so pleased you find comfort in the photos I have one on my fridge where my son & him were in the pool having a beer it always makes me smile when I go to the fridge. feeling a bit better today as I am going out tomorrow for lunch so that is something to look forward meanwhile tonight back to an evening of soaps ha ha.
Take care & keep smiling at the photos
Xx

1 Like

Hello! I’m new to this site but everything you’ve written resonates with me. It’s so hard to see the point in living without a beloved partner. My husband died 7 weeks ago and I feel heartbroken.

1 Like

Dear RHosk
So sorry for your loss
You have done the right thing in joining our friendship I am sure you will get so much help by telling us how you are feeling because we all truly understand. It is very early days for you but just say whatever is on your mind & we will all try & help you .
Sending you love xx

Dear unhappy 127.
Last week It was the first year anniversary of my husbands death.
Been a really difficult time.

It was also the 50th anniversary of our first kiss.

Sometimes you think you’re doing ok, then you’re knocked back again.
We were married for nearly 48 years and knew each other for 50.
He was only 65 and we had just downsized ready for our retirement.

Like your husband, Phil had chemo, which he didnt really want . Then he had a stroke and never came round again.
Like you say in a way I was glad because he had suffered enough. Had he survived the stroke which was unlikely as they said it was a catastrophic bleed.
I couldnt have coped with him suffering even more.
He had always been so active and fit.
So my big strong man hated being unable to do the things he could always do with ease.

When I’m in the depths of despair, I remind myself that hes not suffering anymore.
I know I am but I also know that he is with me in spirit .
This and the thought that we will be together again one day keeps me moving forward a step at a time.
I’m sorry it’s not helping anyone much but
this is the one place we can come to to express our feelings knowing everyone will. understand.

Love Sandra xx

1 Like

Hi all
Identifying with you all. I’m just over 5 month now. Time is going so fast, We were to celebrate our 40 th wedding anniversary next year and my 60 th Birthday.
I have been feeling I’m doing so well, he Would be proud of me. Still it’s up and down but it is better than it was But still without him. Life will never be the same but for my kids and grandkids I will make a great life for myself. I hope you all find your way :heart:

1 Like

Dear Lizzed I just wanted to make a comment to your post. I so agree with everything you wrote. When my husband died I used to envy old people. I thought if I was old it wouldn’t be long until I meet him again, The idea of a future without him is unbearable. My husband died aged 56 2 years ago, we were married for 34 years. I still haven’t in a way accepted that he is gone. I keep myself very busy. I feel that to most of my friends it’s like he never existed because they never mention him. When I tried to say something once one of my friends just said let’s talk about something more cheerful, so I don’t really talk to friends about him now. I sometimes wonder if I am holding on to the grief and not moving forward quickly enough ,and is there a time limit for grief according to books I have been reading it is. I am sorry for rambling on, I have been wanting to write on her for a while but not very good at conveying what I actually mean or want to say . Liv61

Hi, I have thought and said those exact words myself, you are not alone in how you feel. I honestly don’t know what I would do now if I got ill. Would I want treatment, a year ago I would have said definitely no, but now, I don’t know. I have children to look after, they have already lost so much. I don’t think I could leave them now. But I do still long to be where my husband is, I just have to wait a bit longer to see him again. Keep expressing your thoughts, it’s better to get it out in the open, don’t bottle it up, we are all here for you, and advise if possible. Please keep talking, and I will be here to listen.
Take care xxx

Dear Liv61
I have read various posts on here and there is no time limit on grief. No one can say how long or if when it starts to be less painful. I’m on a roller coaster most days. Tears and tears then feeling I’m coping better next day. But talking on here has definitely helped me. Thank you .
Liz x

Thank you Lesleym. Such kind words of support from you.
Liz x

I’m not sure whether it will get better when they passed they took half of us with them and we will never be the same people again but we have to be kind to ourselves as hard as it might be a lot of people dont understand because they can’t unless they have been through losing a spouse. You also become a little crazy stepping through the days making polite conversation but screaming inside and feeling around In the dark. Will it get better i wish I could tell you all it will but I’m 7 months in and sometimes it feel like it’s getting worst but please be kind to yourselves and it’s ok not to be ok xxx

1 Like