Totally alone

Today is one week since Mum passed.
We are still waiting for the post mortem to be carried out after or was delayed.
We are in total limbo and still can’t make any plans
so I’ve come away to be with Mum’s dear friend in Manchester to escape the loneliness of home.
I lived with Mum and I am struggling with the quietness and loneliness of being in the house.
No one seems to understand how hard this is for me. All my friends have families of their own to keep them company. My Sister has her Husband and three children to distract her. I am totally alone. Friends say they’ll help and that they are here for me but I know over the next few weeks and months as life returns to a kind of normality that their support will lessen, not purposely but it will.
I really don’t think I can cope.
It’s only been a week and I’ve been sheltered and surrounded by friends and neighbours.
The loneliness is only going to get worse, I see no escape.

1 Like

Oh Clarey. I’m so sorry you are going through this, but a week is no time at all to feel anything other than pain. The loneliness you feel and maybe isolation is normal in grief even though we may be surrounded by well meaning friends and relatives.
We all understand here because we have all been there. It is this feeling of isolation that is so difficult to bear.
If I may say please don’t look to escape. There is a process of grief that we all go through and resistance only makes it worse. Emotions must be allowed out. Crying and feeling the pain is bound to happen at first. There is hope but it’s far too early to talk about that. You are among friends here. It’s good you have come. Take care and come back and talk if things begin to get too much. Blessings. John.

1 Like

Thank you for such a lovely message. I’ve already found this community so comforting.
Please keep in touch.

I lost my dad in January and feel exactly the same I am grieving on my own and using things like this. Just take it one day at a time it’s all so overwhelming

Clarey, the community here is wonderful, caring and importantly know exactly what you’re going through. We’re all in different stages of heartbreak. I have my husband and friends but still feel so desperately lonely without my mum. It’s hard going on in a world where she’s not, I miss our chats, our dinners, our time together. It’s only now she’s gone I think I truly appreciate what a massive part she was and still is in my life.
Whenever you need to talk, shout or cry someone on here will be there.
Take care