Totally bewildered

I have been posting in “end of life” sadly I am now in this area of coping with bereavement after my husband passed away yesterday. He has spent the last couple of weeks in hospital hoping they would be able to give him more time but sadly this time that could not be given.
I thought I was going to die with him at one point as the pain I felt was unbearable but I knew I had to stay calm & strong to allow him to make his journey out of the body that was unrecognisable and let his spirit fly.
I am numb with the shock as although I knew he was terminal I wasn’t prepared for him to go. The nurses helped me get close to Mike so that I could hold him in his final hours and tell him what an amazing husband he has been and that I know he will always be by my side.
I know I have a long road ahead but I know I will never walk alone as Mike was a Liverpool supporter and their anthem says it all.

Sending love to all you people going through this grieving process
Jen x

19 Likes

Oh Jen my thoughts are with you x x

3 Likes

My thoughts are with you .sending love and a hug xtake carex

2 Likes

I feel all of that Jen, 4 weeks since my Mandy passed in similar circumstances, the pain is gut wrenching and I feel at times it will never stop but slowly it will , it does.

So sorry for your loss

3 Likes

@Angiepops thank you x

@Broken2222 thank you x

1 Like

@Northumbrian54 I am sorry for your loss too, this is something we prayed would never happen. Losing Mandy in similar circumstances means you will be feeling everything I am right now. I hope the pain eases in time when the grief begins to subside

1 Like

Sending love and a big hug,
Debbie X

2 Likes

I am truly so sorry for you. Your post sent a shiver down my spine. I was so touched by how you described your goodbye to your beloved.
We are all thinking of you here.

3 Likes

Heartbreaking. We are here for you always xxx

3 Likes

Sending you love and support xxx

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss Jen and what beautiful words. As you said " you will never walk alone" if your Mike is there in your heart.
Sending love.
Joe x

3 Likes

@Debbie57 thank you so much x

1 Like

@Solost thank you for very kind message x

1 Like

@Blue3 thank you for your kindness x

@Claire84 thank you for your kindness x

Thank you for your lovely reply @joeb40 it is much appreciated x

*So sorry for your loss, although the road a head is going to be hard,time is a great healer. I lost my partner of 30 yrs in 2020 and ive not coped well with it since .
all the best
astroscopes uk

2 Likes

Sending love, so sorry for your loss x

2 Likes

So sorry for you loss.

1 Like