Tragically lost my mum šŸ’”

Hi i am new to this forum, i tragically lost my mum on December 4th due to a routine operation going wrong she was only 64! Words cannot express how upset, heartbroken, angry etc that i feel right now. I am only 35 and have two young children and since her passing i have been kept busy with helping and supporting my dad and also keeping family life going at home during the christmas period but now we are into the new year and i have gone back to work i feel as sense of overwhelming grief as i sit at my desk at home. Realisation has just kicked in that i have lost my closest best friend in life and that she had so much more to live for! :sweat:

3 Likes

Hello @Faye.h,

Iā€™m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - Iā€™d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. Iā€™m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

Iā€™m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing ā€“ please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex