Trying a memory box

Someone on here suggested that I should try a memory box & put things in that were my nans so when I need it I can go back to it whenever I need , I’ve added my nans glasses, her old front door key, two glass nan plaques that I got her years ago, a mug I got her from la she never used but put away, & birthday/Xmas cards she sent me since I was little, but just looking at the birthday/Xmas cards are just choking me up :frowning: it just makes it more real & reminds me she won’t be here for Xmas or any occasion anymore :frowning: just isn’t fair

1 Like

I to have a memory box with his glasses and a mug a lock of his hair . Also half a heart keyring I put in his hand and I have the other half. I know want you are saying I find I can’t look at it all it upsets me so much but hopefully in time in will get some comfort from it, give it time and you will be able to look at your nan’s things and smile and you will be glad you kept them. Xx

1 Like

Thanks , I only have these things & photos as my mum & aunt literally got rid of everything of my nans when she went I just about managed to get her photos, mug & glasses before they chucked everything or gave things to charity,

1 Like

I’ve done a memory box for my wife Linda, it contains all her personal items. The last handbag she ever used contains everything including things that only ladies carry around with them, they’re all untouched, her purse containing all her bank cards and cash, her reading glasses, and her mobile phone. Her house keys the last Christmas cards, condolences, birthday cards, and all paper items from the funeral, including the local newspaper with the obituary, plus lots of other personal items.

Must admit I haven’t looked at them in a while, everything I need to remember her by are in my heart and head. My daughter has also made a memory box of her mother, and made a little area where she keeps everything about Linda.

Take care and I hope everything gets a little easier for everyone xx

1 Like

Thank you baz

I have a memory box too

I have a memory box as well, I do often look in it and just touch the items that belong to my husband.

1 Like

Same here i keep a soft toy cat in the box and every time I touch that it reminds me of her