Trying to cope

I lost my husband almost 6 weeks ago. On Saturday my youngest daughter gets married and I will be giving her away in place of her beloved daddy. It is also our wedding anniversary on Wednesday. I am struggling at the moment as I feel so lonely. Our house was sold just before my husband went into hospital so I am having to cope with that on my own. There are also other family problems. Everything seems to hopeless at the moment.

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your husband 6 weeks ago and that you’re struggling at the moment. Losing a loved one is so painful and can leave us feeling very lonely. It must be difficult for you to have 2 normally very happy occasions to face, in the same week, when you’re feeling so upset and grieving.

I’m sure you will do an amazing job of walking your youngest daughter down the aisle and giving her away on Saturday. Your husband would be incredibly proud of you both.

Do you have anyone close that you can talk to? There are many lovely supportive people in this community who will understand what you’re going through. You are not alone on here.

Please keep talking to us & take care. Trudy x

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for replying to my post.

This is going to be a hard week for my family but we will get through it together. We are determined to enjoy the wedding on Saturday and will remember my husband Brian at the ceremony.

I do have a couple of friends I can talk to but cannot always find it easy to do so. Everything is still very raw at the moment.

Lyn x

Hi Lyn, My husband passed away last October.Our son’s wedding was planned for 28th October 2017,but we knew that his dad would not be well enough to go to the wedding in Bedford (I live in Leeds),as he was on palliative care.I planned to dash down and back so I could attend the ceremony and leave my husband with carers for a few hours.However my husband died suddenly on the morning of the 27th October. My son asked me if he should cancel the wedding but everything had been
planned for months and I told him we would go ahead.It was an unbelievable roller coaster of grief and celebration of the wedding and I don’t know how we got through it.
I understand that your loss is much more recent and it must all feel very raw at the moment.The events of last October still go round in my head,but I try to put it in the back of my mind and carry on with life.
I wish you all the best and hope that you will be able to cope with the problems.