Two Apple trees for my Mum and dad

So last week I planted two trees for my parents.
A cooking apple for my Mum as she use to make the best blackberry and apple jam. Going to miss going to pick the blackberries for her in a few months .
A Braeburn Apple tree for my Dad . We often went on scrumping trips !
Have planted up my Allotment which I use to do with my dad . I miss him telling me to get them leeks in !

Anybody else plant a tree for their parents ?

4 Likes

Ahh, I have…
We planted fruit trees on my Dad’s allotment, with his ashes in the soil. It was his Heaven on earth so I get comfort from having done this. And his robin is still there, hopping around…
I’m sure your parents will be so proud of your doing this for them. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

I haven’t for my parents but I do for my husband. Last year when he died I planted a flowering cherry tree in our garden so when it blossoms in spring I will remember that the time I lost the most precious thing in my life.

Every year on Father’s Day from me, our children and grandchildren, I donate to the national forest to plant a tree in his memory. I’ve just had an email from them to say
Your trees from last year have been planted at a new site, called Minorca Woods, between the villages of Swepstone and Measham in North West Leicestershire.
I like to think I couldn’t save my husband, but I want to try and save the planet one tree at a time for our children and future generations.
Debbie X :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree:

5 Likes

That’s a lovely idea. One of mark’s wishes was to have a tree planted for him. I’ve been looking for somewhere where you can put a plaque but not found anywhere yet. The idea of doing a tree every year is something to think about. We need trees planting to save the planet so it’s doing good.
We scattered his ashes last weekend at the Lake District so the tree is the next thing to sort.
Xx

3 Likes

Hi Barbara, with the National Forest you can choose the type of tree and you have a certificate, which you can put on what ever message you wish. But they don’t tell you which tree is yours so can’t add a plaque. But they do let you know what area it is planted in.
You might even be able to find somewhere near to where you husband and is scattered in the Lake District. X X

1 Like

Thanks it’s something to think about. Xx

1 Like

It’s that time of year again coming up for Father’s Day, I know it will be difficult for many of you.
I have just done my tree dedication for the National Forest. This year I chose a Birch Tree.
Happy Father’s Day, Doug we all love and miss you. X X :heart:

4 Likes