Upsetting letter!

Good morning all, I am so angry as I’ve just received a hand written letter from the Christian Ministry, how very dare they!
I am very tempted to write back and tell them how I’m feeling but I guess they would hound me with(their explanation) of what has happened.
I can only guess that this is a standard letter sent out to many homes but I cannot accept their ramblings telling me a "better world is near!!
I always questioned whether there was a God but since my soulmate has been so cruelly and suddenly snatched away from me I now truly believe there is not.
Pete was such a good man who did not deserve what happened to him, in the prime of his life and it has caused so much heartbreak not only to me but to his very elderly parents, his children and very young grandchildren.
Don’t these people realise how insensitive it is to send letters like this, it has offended me.
It’s difficult enough to get through each day without someone I don’t even know imposing their beliefs on me.
I do also wonder if it was sent because they know about what’s happened and they are hounding people like because we are grieving and vulnerable.
Sorry for such a long rant but I had to vent my anger!
Muldool

7 Likes

So sorry to hear about you receiving that letter I would have been upset
God should not have taken my soulmate so early many people was praying for him to get better was her asleep don’t want to offend any one that believes I did but now I question it
It’s ok to vent on here only place I find we can others with there normal life don’t want to listen guess it spoils there day
Have to try and stay strong for our family I guess I don’t want them to have any more grief I will always have it but if they think I’m doing ok it helps them this life changing life we find our self having to live in is horrific moos my soulmate so very much pain will always be with us I guess
Take care x

1 Like

Dear @Muldool
I’m afraid you will get many letters/emails etc that will make you angry, I have been there too. A similar message first left me extremely angry, then reflective, then accepting. In my case, the intent of the letter was good, people do care and don’t intentionally want to cause upset. I do not share their religious views but if it makes them better people because of what they have then good. I personally do not need religion to be a good person, never have had the need.
The things that made me angry in the first life changing year of losing my husband were just fired right out of all proportion. It was my grief, it was because I had lost my love of 42 years.
I even went to war with a well known bank, polite and articulate but really vented.
I received religious artifacts, pictures, tshirts from religious friends and family and I received them all with good grace, they cared enough to think of me.
Try not to respond to the letter, try not to keep it or even think about it. Sorry that’s all the advice I can give. I totally understand. Wishing you peace.

4 Likes

Dear Maigret,
Thanks for your reply, you are correct and I’ve destroyed the letter, I am over sensitive and angry.
It really doesn’t take much for me to have a meltdown these days.
Deep down I know people mean well.
Sending you good wishes
Muldool

4 Likes

U got enough on Yr plate, ignore the letter. & I did like 2 know where whis better world is, it hasn’t come my way yet. & my husband died 5 Dec. Take care of Yr self.

5 years ago Dec.

I share your views. I was a Roman Catholic but not any more… sending love xx❤️

1 Like

in my personal view, there is no god, i was brought up in religion then it dawned on me, this god is preached to us as children as a scare tactic, believe in god and go to heaven, not to believe and go to hell. like that crap saying he always takes the good ones!!! why leave the bad ones to do more bad, its totally crap.
Well i am in hell now.

4 Likes

My husband was a very passionate lapsed Catholic and I used to tease him that I would hold the biggest Catholic burial for him with all his wee aunties & all their rosary beads & a priest & we’d all sing what he used to call god-bothering songs. Little did I know he would leave me so soon. And I didn’t do it, we had a restricted humanist ceremony in a peaceful woodland. I think he would have approved & smiled at the well chosen music. I did light a few candles for him at the Vatican recently that would have wound him up no end. Can’t do this life, it’s getting harder. He’s too much to miss

4 Likes

Hi reading your post and I feel the same as several have said I was a catholic but not got time for it now feel so let down it is a living hell and he took the best too soon I don’t know how we get past the feeling the pain is worse ever sixteen moths with out my husband by my side so sudd n gets worse family members have disappeared also just don’t like this new life we are living
Sending you all hugs take care xx

4 Likes

I know how you feel, sending you love :heart:

3 Likes

Dear @Rose45 @Dottie72
Yes, it’s broken a very close family into little bits, they are all getting on with their lives… why shouldn’t they… meanwhile I can’t feel love for anyone any more. I look at them& think what happened? Why did losing my husband break everything? 18 months on & I still don’t want to be here, no one needs me, no one has my back anymore. I’ve no purpose, no passion no fun laughter or love. Just work mon to fri, when I retire there will be nothing at all l. Wish I could just sleep away this existence, its not a life.

4 Likes

Dear Maigret
Thank you for reply always so sad to know so many of us going through this painful lonely journey with out our love one it does seem to get harder to cope with as the months pass with out them it is sad that friends and family are not strong enough to be there when we need them most I am lucky that I have son daughter they have there own lives if you don’t that is harder but just not the same our partner was just there all time night morning with out them is just horrible
I wish I could help you feel better I hope you can find a new purpose in time what ever we do is not what we want is it
Thinking if you with love xx