Valentines day

I’m dreading valentines day it’s this day last year that I lost my soul mate my husband was the kindest caring man you could ever meet,it was so sudden to wake up and him not be there was gut wrenching,he was only 61,I’m struggling so much without him,we done mostly everything together,trying to get used to doing things by myself just feels wrong,I know I need to carry on I say that because I know I can never move on,

1 Like

Dear @Perfectlyimperfect

Welcome to the Community. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Have you considered one to one counselling and booking an appointment with your GP to talk about local support groups in your area?

Our Head of Bereavement at Sue Ryder here has written a blog with some advice and tips to help you get through this day. Type in the search bar Valentines and the blog should come up.

Please continue to reach out and take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

I agree totally with you it’s been 9 months since I suddenly lost my husband and it’s horrific I know people expect me to be ok I am trying to do so but behind closed doors I’m not ok miss him so much hate being with out him xx

2 Likes

I too am not okay behind closed doors. My heart is broken and the smile has gone x

2 Likes

It’s horrible isn’t Hope you get some sleep take care x

2 Likes

I still look for him coming through the gate with his bike coming back from work,The Hugh school where he worked have made a wooden bike to put in the memorial garden it’s giving me comfort knowing that he will always be remembered huge hugs and love to you all tc x

1 Like

I’m getting guided self help and I’ve joined a few groups to help me cope

1 Like

Morning all hope you all copping best you can very hard I have not found any groups in my area helps to come on here take care xxx

2 Likes

I also lost my husband this Valentine’s Day What makes it harder is that we met on Valentine’s Day so it was always a special day for us.
I am lost - my girls say it will get easier but I’m just going through the motions, I tell them I am ok so they don’t worry but I just find it so hard.
Take one day at a time and cherish your memories.

1 Like