Want to help support others on the Community?

I’m looking for active and supportive users of this site to become our first ever Online Community Mentors. Mentors are ordinary users who volunteer to give me a hand in making sure that this site is a safe and supportive place for everyone.

I’d be asking you to do things like:

• Responding to new users and posts without replies to help make sure everyone feels welcome and supported.
  • Letting me know about any problems on the site – such as technical problems, people breaking the rules, or if you have a concern about someone’s wellbeing.
  • Answering people’s questions about the site – or else directing them to get in touch with me.

It does NOT involve:

• Any technical skills beyond what you already do to use the site.
  • Removing, moderating or editing other people’s posts – don’t worry, I’m not asking you to do my job for me!
  • Stopping what you currently do on the site – you would still be able to get support as well as give it.

You would get:

• A Community Mentor’s Guide to help you with your new role.
  • A private message chat where you can talk to other Mentors, and to me
  • A profile badge to show other users what you do.

I know that there are so many supportive users here, and many of you are already doing a lot of the sorts of things we are looking for. So, if you are interested, or want to find out more, please email me on online.community@sueryder.org, or private message me on here.

Priscilla
Community Manager

I have messaged you.

Caroline

1 Like