I’m looking for active and supportive users of this site to become our first ever Online Community Mentors. Mentors are ordinary users who volunteer to give me a hand in making sure that this site is a safe and supportive place for everyone.
I’d be asking you to do things like:
- Responding to new users and posts without replies to help make sure everyone feels welcome and supported.
- Letting me know about any problems on the site – such as technical problems, people breaking the rules, or if you have a concern about someone’s wellbeing.
- Answering people’s questions about the site – or else directing them to get in touch with me.
It does NOT involve:
- Any technical skills beyond what you already do to use the site.
- Removing, moderating or editing other people’s posts – don’t worry, I’m not asking you to do my job for me!
- Stopping what you currently do on the site – you would still be able to get support as well as give it.
You would get:
- A Community Mentor’s Guide to help you with your new role.
- A private message chat where you can talk to other Mentors, and to me
- A profile badge to show other users what you do.
I know that there are so many supportive users here, and many of you are already doing a lot of the sorts of things we are looking for. So, if you are interested, or want to find out more, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org, or private message me on here.