Wedding Anniversary

My husband died at the end of June, and it has been so difficult to try and come to terms with it.

Last week was my birthday which was difficult to think about but even worse today it would have been our 54th Wedding Anniversary. How do I get through this one? I cannot celebrate with Peter but although I believe he is not too far away, I feel so alone. I will never get over this.

1 Like

Hello, I am sorry that this has happened to and 54 years of married life would have been something to celebrate. I know just how hard days like these are, my husband went days before our 45 anniversary and I remember how much I cried, not sure if it helped? Now I try to plan what to do on those special days, it doesn’t always work out but at least I planed. It’s strange because they mean nothing without him here to celebrate with me but all so thankful that we never went in for big party’s which does help. I hope you have got through today and remember tomorrow is a different day. Look after yourself what ever you do. Sending hugs and blessings. Sxxx

1 Like

Hope you are doing OK so far on this awful day that should have been special. I lost my Ron 3 yrs ago on Saturday and my grand daughter is leaving for University that day. She lives in the same Close as me and I will miss her so much because it is so far away where she is going. So I feel I have a double loss this year. It is heartbreaking
I send you my love and hope tomorrow brings a better day. Xxx

1 Like