Wedding Anniversary

I lost my husband of 28 years very suddenly in December. Tomorrow would have been our wedding anniversary and I am struggling to know how to get through the day.

3 Likes

Hi
I’ve got no tricks or trips. Our wedding anniversary came just 6 days after my husband passed and I just cried my way through it. One thing I did do was say to those around me not to expect anything from me and therefore gave myself the space to just feel.
Sending hugs

3 Likes

It is all so hard - all the firsts. Must have been hard for you to have your anniversary to soon after your husbands death. I wasn’t ready to loose my husband and it hurts so much. I’ve been getting by just focusing on each day and trying to block out what has happened but I’m not sure this is a good way to deal with my grief.

1 Like

I think we all just do whatever to get through. I lost my partner end of January, very suddenly and unexpected. Every day is a challenge, some days better than others, depending on what I fill it with. School holidays are worse as we would have spent all our time together doing one thing or another so this time is a constant reminder of what we would have been doing.
I can’t help with what you can do but whatever it is I hope it goes ok.
Ali

1 Like

Jenny 6.
I lost my partner of 38 years this February and it would have been our wedding anniversary on 10th April …tomorrow. I miss her every day. Tomorrow I have arranged to go out fir a meal with friends to markbourcspecial day andcto know that I will gavevpeople around me who knew us both and who care.
I aldo plan to look at the pixtures we have of our soecial day.
None ofvthis takes the oain away but I am hoping it helps me get through.
What I really want is her back healthy and happy and to be in her arms once again.
I truely hope you find away through the day.
T
I amm

1 Like

Emma Wood
Hi Emma that must gave been so difficult.
What you say about letting others know not to expect too much and to alliw yourself time to feel makes sense to me.
My partner of 38 years died at the end of Feb this year and it is our wedding anniversary tomorrow.
Each day is painful but some have even more significance and challence than others.
T

2 Likes