What am I going to do?

So sorry mate lost my 48 year old soulmate die over a 5 year period due to medical negligence just Google Charlotte Kerns cancer nothing to worry about. It was in sun mirror men etc. Court case still ongoing 7 years after she instigated it. Just felt so lonely without any companionship I went on a couple of dating sites. Now cancelled because no one can compare and although she wanted me to find someone else still feels like betrayal. And could I have a relationship like that again? No. Could handle companionship because it’s one thing watching footie with your mates. It’s another watching a film or going for lunch etc. Am 56. Not 86. Hopefully got a lot of life to give but will never be the same. Wake up every morning wondering where she is till the reality dawn’s. Good luck mate.x

Ok i suppose … missing my husband but what can u do ? You can’t do anything can you ? Just gotta roll with the punches :frowning: your story made me smile though … nice ro have good memories too isnt it ? Sorry if it upset you though :slight_smile: How long is it since you lost your wife ? X

Sorry to hear all of this, I am only 60 and know that I will never find anyone as special as my Deb’s.

Yeh my husband was only 60 too when he passed ! Too young isn’t it ? :frowning: did it only happen recently for you ? My husband passed 3 months ago … think i am still in shock tbf … doesnt seem real :frowning: seems like im in some sort of bad nightmare ? Is that how you feel ?

Only last Friday so still very raw.

1 Like

My Deb’s was only 60 as well, it’s so young these days to lose someone.

2 Likes

Aw not long then. You take care of yourself … its gonna take a while for it to sink in . Sorry for your loss x

1 Like

@Davidroy
What a lovely cheerful looking lady your Debs was. Feeling for you. My Richard was only 60 too but almost 11 months ago for me now.
Hugs
Karen xxx

2 Likes

Thank you, Karen sending you very best wishes as well

@DMsad you found the right place to come. We have all been or going through it, all of us so sad and alone. Just look around and read we understand and after a while it helped me a little . So sorry for your loss take care

3 Likes

My husband died March 10th. He was 56 years young. We were together 20 years and married 17. I’m devastated. I miss him so much.

3 Likes

my wife died 13 feb she was 54, we were married for 3 years Im gutted just so lost. life doesn’t prepare us for this.
I know that pain.
Look after your self SharonB

3 Likes

My wife passed away on the 10th March as well. I am a broken man without her and I feel your pain. For me sometimes it’s unbearable but I have my 17 year old daughter who is also hurting so much and I have to make sure that she is loved and cared for. Sending you strength and best wishes x

3 Likes

Hi am so sorry for your loss i lost my husband in January and it doesent get any eaiser not for me anyway . I am broken but i have to keep going for my kids . Sending my love . Tracey

1 Like

Thank you. Kids are grown. Just the two of us. I miss him so much. I wake up at 3am every night. Doesn’t matter what time I go to bed. I just can’t stop crying. We just went on a cruise in February for anniversary. Death was sudden and unexpected.

2 Likes

Kev2
I’m sorry for your loss too. It is extremely tuff. I just don’t know where to start. How to move foward.

1 Like

Davidroy,
Tuff doesn’t begin to express the loss.

2 Likes

@Alir so sorry, I had a really bad day yesterday and this morning when I just felt like I couldn’t bear the pain and grief. Rest of the day has been better but the tears are never far away. Sending you best wishes

2 Likes

Hi Davidroy. I am very sorry to hear about your wife. You have certainly had a long battle against her cancer. Now you have your grief to get through. I can only say you aren’t alone. I lost my wife in 2020 after 20 years of battling with Parkinson’s Disease. Since she died I have lived alone. It’s a hell of a struggle and there is no easy answer to grief except to go through it. I allow myself to cry when I need to -even in front of others. I find weeping helps to release the sadness for a while. I try, too, to keep going forward when I can - with regular exercise, talking to friends and family when I can, reading, painting (I have drawn and painted her portrait many times. The more I practise the better I get), no anti-depressents, a little alcohol when with others, practicing mindfulness (it helps to keep thoughts under control so I can sleep), attending church and church events, researching ‘near death experiences’ on the internet (This gives me hope that death may not be the end, afterall. Call me mad if you like! ), learning to cook and having friends and family around for meals, taking one day at a time but keeping going forward. And learning the following prayer, by M.K.W. Heicher, off by heart:

Disturb me Lord when I am too well pleased with myself,
When my dreams have come true because I have dreamed too little,
When I have arrived safely because I have sailed too close to the shore.

Disturb me Lord when, with the abundance of things I possess,
I have lost my thirst for the waters of life,
When, having fallen in love with life, I have ceased to dream of eternity,
When, in my efforts to build a new earth I have allowed my vision of a new heaven to fade.

Disturb me Lord to dare more boldly,
To venture on wider seas where storms will show your mastery
Where having lost sight of land I shall find the stars.

I ask you to push back the horizons of my hopes
And to push into into the future with strength, courage, hope and love.
Amen.

Jonty

4 Likes

It’s OK. I’m starting to to learn it’s OK to have bad days. My husband passed February 25th and I cry every day. Mostly at night but today I had a biopsy of done and I miss having him with me. We supported each other for 54 years. We grew up together. I’m just so lonely without him.

1 Like