What do do after losing my Mum

I just made this account as I feel this is a place I can talk to people who are going through similar emotions. I feel so lost and lonely since losing my Mum, she was my best friend and helped me through everything, we did everything together. I feel like my life has no purpose now she’s not here, I feel so bored without her. We used to speak everyday for hours and always spend time together. I have so many emotions, we lost her suddenly I can’t help but go over every thing that’s happened and feel so much guilt. I wish I could have saved her. I feel like I’m just waiting for her to come home, but she never will and that thought kills me. I’ve already dealt with losing my Father at a young age, my Nan and Grandad and other family members but nothing comes close to losing my Mum.

4 Likes

Hello @Bumblebee7
I’m so sorry to hear about your mum.It sounds as though things are very emotional at the moment and you are feeling lost.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Another good place to get support is [see resources and signposting document for services relevant to their situation if appropriate]. They offer [xxx] which you might find helpful.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

1 Like

Hello Bumblebee7. I hope you find some solace here. Everyone here is suffering, as you clearly are. You’ve lost your Mum, but it sounds like you’ve lost your best friend too. That’s bound to leave a big hole in your life, and time, time she filled. You don’t say how long since it happened. Im assuming it’s recent. Recent enough that nothing is yet emerging to fill that empty space, so all you have are these dreadful feelings. They are hard. It hurts. Read what others are going through. You’ll see you’re not on your own. You’ll take strength from what others have to say. I’m not going to say something cheery, it’s a long, slow process getting through this and it won’t be hurried. Patience is needed and acceptance. Accept how you feel and see it as normal, necessary, only to be expected. And it changes, slowly so you don’t notice day to day. But it does.