What Do I Do?

In a few days it will be exactly a year since my husband died and I really don’t know what to do with myself. The days are passing and I am feeling more sad each day . I struggle to articulate how I am feeling to others around me and to be honest most people don’t want to know. I just wish it didn’t have to happen.

8 Likes

Hello @Ferret8, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Anniversaries can be really hard, especially that first one. I wanted to share this thread with you - our members talk about how they felt around the first anniversary and how they marked it; it may bring you some comfort and support knowing you are not alone. Coming up to anniversary

We are here for you - take care,
Seaneen

Hi I’m at the same point and am feeling more morose every day, it seems to be getting worse and I don’t understand why, is it the realisation that this is going to be as good as it gets, that my life will never be better than this I really don’t know but I’m so very tired and weary grief is a heavy burden and it upsets me that my husband would always be the first to help me but he is no longer here and now even surrounded by loving family and friends I have never felt so alone and abandoned to whatever lies ahead, thoughts to everyone on this sad journey xx

3 Likes

Hi
Here here
Until folk have been through ‘this’ they have no idea what it feels like…… hubby was also my rock my voice of reason he had all the answers
Now it’s just me and I’m totally broken
Paul passed away 24th July 2022 my birthday is 24th of this month ……carnt face my new ‘life’
Hugs to everyone
Xx

1 Like