What do you say

Been to visit my dad today who has cancer . He looked so frail and weak also in a lot of pain. What do you say to someone in this situation. I feel so sad although we wasn’t really close he’s still my dad. I had to leave when he became so tired and wanted to go to bed. When I hugged him goodbye he said he hoped to see me again soon if he’s still alive … I’m lost as many family members recently including my husband and sister in law plus a close friend I’m dreading another funeral don’t wish to sound selfish it’s not about me it’s about my poor dad going through the worse time of his life. Any advice of how to cope with this latest challenge. Feel so sad tonight.

1 Like

Hi Misprint
I feel your pain. That word cancer suck the life out of your world it is a scary place to live for you and your dad. You don’t have to say anything just going to see him is enough talk about radom things shopping cars weather it doesnt matter just sit with him it will be hard but just be with him hold his hand then come on here and let it all out we will listen you will be heard and you’ve got all the support of us all xxx sending much love :heart:

1 Like