what to do when it is unbearable

Berit, I will confirm that it doesn’t matter, you are so right. Stan and I were married (still are as far as I am concerned) for 59 years.
Take care and stay safe,
Mary

1 Like

Hey @berit, hope you’re ok, just a courtesy message to let you know I will reply to your post next week, take care.

1 Like

Dear @Berit, sorry for the late reply - how are you doing?

You’re correct that the right woman wouldn’t care about things like if you’re suffering from depression, I did like this woman a lot a few years ago but never told her, she was 30, her son was 15, her daughter 8, she had separated from her partner and was now in a very casual relationship with some guy, eventually I realised I am wasting time, two years I wasted hoping she might give up on him, but she didn’t, other people told me that as her relationship is casual I should ask her out for coffee and then try and date her, but that to me was wrong, so I never did. Then in February I talked to this woman on a dating site who actually lives in another country, we chatted on WhatsApp and by phone, and she started telling me she loves me, when my dad was about to die she was sending me tik tok videos of love songs, I had to tell her that it isn’t appropriate at this moment, she apologised, after dad died she would constantly send me messages on WhatsApp and when I didn’t reply immediately, she’d start saying I don’t care about her, sometimes she would send me messages saying she hates me and then apologise, I blocked her twice but always unblocked her as I felt sorry for her, she wasn’t a gold digger or looking for a British passport because when I first contacted her she told me she isn’t interested as she doesn’t want to leave her country, but I told her that she might like the UK, and then we started chatting, it was all very strange, I told her you can’t love someone by just chatting a few times on WhatsApp and phone but she was telling me she does, and would get very abusive, so I told her I will contact the police if she continues and she has now blocked me on WhatsApp, I feel so relieved, I didn’t need the stress from her at all. So, yeah, I know what you mean about psychos, and hopefully you will soon meet a guy who you want to be with. At least you have this guy who is a good friend of yours.

Wow, you’re writing novels? How great is that? It must take a lot of patience. What genre is the other novel? I used to read a lot, but now I never do.

It’s sad you had to leave work, yes, broadcast media has unfortunately been very sexist and misogynistic even in the UK, thankfully things are now changing, do you think you might work in that industry again?

what I resent is that at such a terrible time for you, you had her to deal with. I am so sorry. I dated an oral surgeon from Syria. he was contacting me as my mother was passing. it gave me the level head to not reply and I never did. It was going to go nowhere. but I did like knowing him because his father was an engineer with the UN and he was from Damascus. the same time as the war started. I was always international, in that way. this is a grief board and I respect that so I try to tie in with the topic. however, it is also a board to soothe others, bereft so I feel we meet the guidelines. you prolly knew sooner than later she was a nut. I think that next time you will know more and more as you have these experiences. we must learn from them. at least the nut, taught you something! but I am sorry it was at such the wrong time. I watch with baited breath the election. No politics allowed but I am sure you know whom I voted for. I would like to work in broadcast. it was not so long ago that I did. in 2015 as a radio reporter and in 2019, freelance. but not like being on CNN. Novels are a grind. A real grind. I think we know if someone is the “one” very very soon … but we keep hanging on, even if they are not the one. very common. I also think if you do not want to touch them or they don’t want to be close to you, that is also your answer. but keep trying. our old selves will thank us if we keep trying when young, or younger. YOU, have a lot of worth. As you get older, you will affirm that more.

Dear @Berit, yes, I know exactly who you voted for! I thought of you when the result for Texas came in and I know it wasn’t the result you wanted, but at least you got the Electoral College, which was more important …

Yeah, she wasn’t a very nice woman, and I am glad she is out of my life … for now at least. Who knows when she contacts me again? It was horrible to be constantly bombarded by messages on WhatsApp, and then to be accused of doing something wrong because you did not reply immediately to her.

Well, I am sorry that things did not work out with the Syrian surgeon. Maybe next year when the virus is under control, you’ll be able to date again? Maybe that will help with loneliness? Or are you more focused on your career at the moment? It would be really nice if you could get back into broadcasting because you clearly have a passion for it, but I don’t know how easy it is. Maybe you could start creating your own content and posting it on YouTube, and once you have enough viewers, then have something like Patreon?

Are you spontaneous in writing your novels, or do you make time for them? Presumably you write them on your computer. How did you dad write his books, on a typewriter? Yes, I can understand that it must be a grind, but hopefully you’ll get there.

1 Like

This younger economist fled New York for London. If he lectures, you should go to hear him.
This is a link to his latest article. https://eand.co/americas-a-failing-state-biden-s-real-challenge-starts-there-d52a96368853.
Is Umair Haque an Arab name? I wondered but nonetheless, I am a fan of his. Not that America should interest you. It has never interested me, in the least. Not to be mean, but it just does not. When I read someone very good, it sheds light on all of our problems. It gives perspective. Well, I got more work with the little magazine however was turned down for a proper Science Writer job in Maryland. Honestly, a man would not ask about the gaps in my resume, and it is a serious stumbling block. And, I miss having fun. The world, for most people is a sad, dingy grey mess. And, too many here watch game shows and I am watching history. With your proximity to London, life should be so much more interesting for you. But the sad thing, is how expensive it all has become.

NEVER entertain a relationship with someone weird like that. NEVER! My life was probably ruined because I allowed myself to be drawn back in to an improper relationship. It is pleasurable, yes, and is a balm for life and its pain. But it yields destruction. You know when it is the right person, to be allowed into your precious life. Rumi I think warned not to check into the various inns, on the path to true love.