What to do ?

How do I get through, what do I do, ?
Christmas—- dreading this day so much.
How do I get through this . ?
It’s been 9 weeks and I am struggling. One day I think yes I can do this the next minute I am crying and looking for logic in this mess .
The kids want to come to me I don’t even want to put the tree up , I just want the day to be over.

4 Likes

@Paupet So sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I lost my husband who was my whole life and soulmate 8 weeks ago. I have decided that I am not to celebrate Christmas this year. It’s too painful. I struggle as well with my loss. I can only do hour by hour one day at a time. I don’t have any children. I think you can only do what’s right for you. I am sure someone else will come along who has been down this road and may be able to offer some advice. This is a good forum to post how you are feeling and someone will reply to support you. My life is a daily painful struggle at the moment. Please take care of yourself and do what is right for you.
Sending you love and hugs. x

7 Likes

Hi, It’s 5mths since I lost my husband. We don’t have any children or family, we have our dogs, which is what gets me through daily life. It is getting a little easier, that is true, the horror doesn’t feel constant anymore. However, i have informed friends not to send Christmas cards, they will be returned this year, as i can’t imagine doing Christmas in any fashion. I feel the need to heal in the ways that suit me, so Christmas just isn’t going to happen, just another day to get through, but with slightly different nonsense on TV. :people_hugging::heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

Hi its 4 months in for me on tues no tree this year cant do it my sons are coming to me and they understand this year will be different no tree just a lunch together just like any other weekend i know im going to be a complete mess and they will just have to understand sorry your in this shit club xx

2 Likes

hi @Paupet i feel exactly the same, it’s been 10 weeks for me and i’m just literally in the worst place…
i am absolutely dreading xmas but our youngest is 9 and i know we have to try get through it somehow, even though i know it’s going to be absolutely heartbreaking :broken_heart:

3 Likes