What's the point? (Had enough)

Havent thought of them for this (used my MP for my complaint against the hospital)
Will try them tomorrow x

1 Like

Great !! Xx

1 Like

When my partner took ill he was advised to go on the sick first . He got a yr on the sick full pay . But I think that depends on what company you work for some only give full for 6 mths. He then retired through ill health. I know your situation is different but get as much out of it as you can before you give up work . :heart: all the best

3 Likes

@sue11
You have been through such a lot with your husband being so ill with infections. My husband kept getting them before he passed but he was in hospital. I can’t begin to imagine how it must have been for you with the added stress of trying to cope at home and someone else living there who was not keeping the place clean while knowing how ill your husband was.
I do hope you manage to get yourself a nice home, it’s what you deserve .
Sending strength and hugs xx

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words yes it was so hard as i would make sure every where was clean and safe for my husband and then the friend would come home from work have a bath and not clean the bath afterwards then he would make himself to eat and not clean up he leaves dirty plates in the sink when he had a cold he never covered his face when he coughed or sneezed

2 Likes

That would have upset me so much. I was so protective of my husband as you were of yours.
Some people have no idea!!
XX

1 Like

In the end my husband had to stay in our room all the time i brought a tv for him put a kettle in there but it did not seem right him being stuck in one room all the time our mp was no help so when my husband passed away i sent her an email saying as you showed no intrest in helping my husband to be rehomed he sadly passed away and her replay was i am so sorry to hear about your husband if there is anything i can do please let me know i replayed its a bit late now

3 Likes

Lol… you got him told then !!! Xx

2 Likes

@sue11 i really wish i could offer you more support … you have been through so much… please know that we are all here and with you… not sure where you are based… if you’re close would love to give you a big hug!! X

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words , i am in Maidstone kent

1 Like

I’m waiting to hear back from local MP. Also trying to chase up hospital complaint… and my GPnfor help with sleep/mood.

Im currently going through some more paperwork and its breaking me completely, looking at some receipts from our last holiday (i keep receipts etc for years … i only just shredded my payslips & contract from when i first started working!) … the receipts are breaking me … i won’t have that happiness again.

I am so lost and honestly dont know what to do.
I just want everything sorted so i can be with him again x

1 Like

I started to go through my husbands clothes he had a suit which he wore when we got married when i took it out the suite cover it was in . It was all damp and had gone white down one side i started crying and the guy we shared the flat with did not even care i had a go at him and said you own the flat and you should have done something about the damp in this flat. As me and my husband was renting a room of his in the flat i had to throw the suit away in the end it broke my heart having to get rid of it

4 Likes

Hi @sue11 just across the Dartford crossing from me
… im jyst between Basildon and Southend in Essex x

1 Like

I cantbeven begin to imagine you having to lise that suit… im looking at receipts that are naking me cry.
I havent gone through his clothes yet … he used to mJe me laugh l, before he met me he would spend a fortune on clothes, some never worn! - we moved in together probably a month after meeting & he had shirts still with their labels on! … the most expensive thing I’ve bought myself is a coat (was in the sale) - still have it now (lol) … he says i broke him into being “sensible” … i still have the top i wore when we met (kind of fits me) - its my wish for me to wear that top when I go … he always loved it and was a talking point on our ‘first physical’ meeting (i was VERY casual) x

2 Likes

That is so awful. I can’t touch any of my husbands clothes at the moment. I did give his coats away before Christmas and his scarfs , hats etc when there was an appeal for warm clothing. I thought he would approve as he was such a good kind man. Can’t touch the rest, not yet. I would be as heart broken as you were about your husbands suite if that had happened to me. The quicker you get out of there the better. Wishing you lots of luck with finding a new home xx

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words xx

2 Likes

You are welcome. I pray your situation with your home gets sorted xx

3 Likes

R u ? Ypu know i know a lot of people who live in kent! Do you know that song by Squeeze ( the band) called maidstone !!! I just love it ! Went with hubby to see them live in November 2021 - nice memories :slight_smile: although i think now in hindsight he was starting to get poorly then … he has a few ted glags but typical man left it too late going to drs ! He only did that in end cos i made him !!! x

2 Likes

Not heard that song but will look it up xx

2 Likes

Just listened to it the bit about pushing his bike reminded me of when my husband used to ride his bike to come and see me as he lived in eastmalling

3 Likes