When it happens twice

Hi
Just joined. Not sure if this is for me but need an outlet. 30 years ago this year my Dad died aged 53. 3 weeks ago my sister died of a brain haemorrhage. Her last words haunt me she said I am worried that I am going to die like dad - and she did.

Welcome Elaine,
I am so sorry for your loss. My mother died of lung cancer 6 years ago, then my younger sister, also of cancer, died 5 months ago. My mother died on the 3 of March, 2012, my sister on the 3 of May, 2018 (two days before her birthday). Each loss compounds the ones before. Your loss is so fresh, and it is triggering the loss of your Dad, so yes it is “doubled grief” very much like what I am experiencing with my two loved ones. I wish I could say more, but all I can do is offer support and understanding. I encourage you to give this site a try, because I came upon it one long lonely night after my sister died, and found the kindest most understanding people here. Take care… Sister2

2 Likes

Thank you. Trying to soldier on. I now have a niece without a Mum who really needs her Auntie to be strong for her.