When the loss is new

Thanks for that kind offer man, I’m trying to stick to a daily routine, which includes exercise daily, usually a walk, or cycle, contacting someone to talk to usually daily by phone. Fixing up my house(doing all the jobs my wife wanted sorting). Shopping and cooking and reading or watching TV in the evenings. Trying to restrict my drinking to a couple of glasses of wine, probably most night. It’s repetitive but it makes the time pass and there is a sense of achievement in some of the bigger jobs. It gives me some sense of control, but it doesn’t mean I don’t crumple in a heap overcome by her loss on a regular basis, but that’s how I get through my days during this strange time.

2 Likes

I totally understand how you feel my husband always believed in the paranormal activity and was an avid follower of the like but I always dismissed it and told him that it was not true. However now more than ever I want to believe I want to be taken there to be able to talk to him hear him smell him see him again. I find myself looking for him when the lights are out looking for him sat in his chair looking for him lying in the bed or sitting at the foot of it. When I close my eyes my mind is constantly calling for him to come back to me. The pain is absolutely heartbreaking and I can’t see a life without him. He was just 55 years young and I am 49 I have promised him that I will never ever replace him and that is a promise I will keep . The only thing keeping me going right now is that I am hoping that he was right and there is a life after and we will be together again one day and each day I am living this new hell here is a day nearer to being back with him. Our feelings are very similar and I know just what you mean I really am so so sorry that you are also feeling like I am xx

1 Like

I do the same I turn all the lights out and want to see him sitting on his sofa ,my husband was 57 he always watched near death on you tube I would come home from work and he be crying at some off the near deaths he always told me his death would be taken away from him as he wouldn’t want to leave me he died off Covid organ failure xx

1 Like

Such a similar situation to me Debbie message me anytime you need to as I really really can relate to your situation and if I can provide you any comfort at all I will do although I know I can’t give you what you want I can be a shoulder to cry on and an arm to lean on for you xx

You’re right. But it’s good to communicate with people who know how it feels inside. Big hugs. X

1 Like

You’re right, its a living hell. Message me if you like. Big hugs. X

Absolutely and big hugs to you too xxx

It is hell I find no comfort in anything ,
I go to the cemetery every day ,
And scream at Andy and cry to him xx

Same here if you need to scream cry at me that’s fine xx

1 Like

I feel for you… I am the same lost my mother on the 1st December. We were devoted. Always here for you

1 Like

Hello Kazzer,

My wife passed away last June and friends and family said all the “right” things - we are here to help.
Well, apart from my daughter and her husband ( who live in the Ukraine) the “help” has been far and few between.
I have no feelings for these people any longer and would rather be without them.
You are not being selfish - they are.
I agree the loneliness is very hard but
things will improve for you.
Take care.

Andrew 1

I know this feeling i live the other end of the country from my family so its hard have partners family who said we always herw for you load of rubbish
I hear nothing from most of them and when i have seen some they havent spoke but do you know.what whether they like me or not me and my partner loved each other and to me thats all that matters

1 Like

You are so right about loving one another - that is really all that counts at the end of the day.
I used to warn my wife that if i passed away first what to expect from so called family and friends- sadly how right i was.

1 Like

It’s a nightmare I know. Big hugs. X

Hope you are okay . What shit times . Only a week since I sprinkled my mums ashes . The flashbacks to her dying had given me panic attacks

I lost my husband on the 20th December. I am so lonely, coming home knowing Mark will never come through the door again leaves me almost paralysed with grief. The silence is deafening & everything just seems so pointless

My son & his wife are being amazing but I am mindful that they have a life too.

Hello Hilary
I am struggling so much to December the 5th
My husband Andy passed
Spend a lot off time in bed can’t see the point
Only time I get up is to go cemetery
Sending big hugs xx

Hilary 1 firstly let me welcome you to this site I have taken so much comfort from here and I hope you do to, its the only place to get advice and compassion from because we all understand each others pain and sorrow.
I like to tell myself that friends are not saying anything because they don’t want to upset me but deep down I know that’s not the truth .
Unfortunately life has felt us a crap hand and we have to make the best of what we have for the sake of ourselves, any children, grandchildren we have but most of all in honour of our lost loved one . Please keep posting and chatting it’s so important to talk , take care sending hugs

1 Like